Can we Have a New DOG and CAT

2»

Comments

• Timbales said:

Horse 2 is really sad you guys didn't notice his junk.

Sorry horse, always been more of an Equus africanus asinus man myself.

• I usually don't plan production and I model what I find intriguing and challenging. Being very interested in wild animals I do love creating some that I understand won't be popular (the giant anteater being one for sure).
    Said that, my new wolf model is about ready and I have a canine base shape that I will use to produce some dog breeds. Also the domestic cats are in production (even if at early stages).
    Here is my gallery where I usually post my WIP: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/13742/

Your animals are great, I have a few will be collecting more. I find the thylacine especially intriguing (and its story is especially sad).

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,575
    edited September 2015

The horse 2 was a sad piece of work. No working tack and bridle and stirrups almost impossible to use. It was like making Victoria whose bra doesn't fit properly.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • Timbales said:

Horse 2 is really sad you guys didn't notice his junk.

Sorry horse, always been more of an Equus africanus asinus man myself.

OMG, I died laughing.

• Yeah, wqe really need a Mildog2-- with stuff like a wolf addon morph/texture/etc., fox addon, etc.

The dream team would be AM + Noggin + Rawart, but sadly Noggin has been MIA for years, and Rawart seems to only do fantasy animals and dinosaurs.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,039

Nice Tazmanian wolf/tiger/Thylacine... (Autocorrect fixed "Thylacine" for me, but couldn't figure out "surprise")...(geez)... The Koalas are very cute and accurate looking.... Actually, all your stuff is top notch.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Alessandro, your wolf will be an insta-buy for me! I mean, what's art without a fantasy chick in chainmail bikini with her faithful wolf companion by her side? :)

I picked up your Big Cats 2 fur a couple of months ago and after using it, I was KICKING myself for taking so long to get into your LAMH and fur presets! I always bypassed it thinking it would make my render times horrendous, but in all honesty, it does NOT add a great deal of time to a render! I was stoked when I realized that :D As a note to anyone else who is avoiding the LAMH stuff cos they are worried about that - my laptop isn't the greatest, but I would judge my renders are probably only about 10-15 mins longer than normal using it. :D So it is WELL worth it. 

I would LOVE to see you do a new domestic cat and dog! The old mil cat/dog is woefully outdated. I've used the free LAMH preset for the mil dog from your site and it greatly improves the look of the dog. I LOVED how it made the german shephard come out here:  http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/76978

Am greatly looking forward to seeing what your in-production cats will look like :D :D

I usually don't plan production and I model what I find intriguing and challenging. Being very interested in wild animals I do love creating some that I understand won't be popular (the giant anteater being one for sure).
    Said that, my new wolf model is about ready and I have a canine base shape that I will use to produce some dog breeds. Also the domestic cats are in production (even if at early stages).
    Here is my gallery where I usually post my WIP: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/13742/

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,272

The make or break point for either dogs or cats is the paws. I swear the DAZ BigCat 2's paws are *worse* than the ones on the old MilBigCat.

Hooves don't seem to be nearly so much of a problem. But the paws tend to be awful.

I mean. c'mon, you can now do a human figure with articulate toes, but can't produce an animal paw that doesn't look like a brick?

• I usually don't plan production and I model what I find intriguing and challenging. Being very interested in wild animals I do love creating some that I understand won't be popular (the giant anteater being one for sure).

Would you pleasepleaseplease include the Shiba Inu?

I'll bribe you with texture sets for it, even.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,575
    edited September 2015

I had always thought DAZ Would release a cat or dog figure at some point. It would seem cat/dog would sell pretty well since they are companion animals, and useful for images involving people.

Big cat was nice, but hardly something I would use everyday. Especially with the funky hoof-pads.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited September 2015
    JOdel said:

The make or break point for either dogs or cats is the paws. I swear the DAZ BigCat 2's paws are *worse* than the ones on the old MilBigCat.

Seconded, I'm sorry to say. When it first came out I was all ready to figure out some way to afford it and at least a few of the expansion sets... then I saw the paws. Never mind the MBC, the original Millennium Cat has better shaped toes. Updated fresh critters would definitely be welcome.

On the gripping hand, I've finally decided I can afford the foxes bundle. Heeere, foxy, foxy, come and curl up in this nice comfortable cart...    

Edit: argh, maybe not just yet, the store's gone <phut> — all I get is a Magento error.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,916

As an aside, I'd love some moties and have contemplated how to do them. ;)

• Picked up on my geeky reference, did you? 

Ah, and the store's back up. Heeeere, foxy, foxy...

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

who does like cats

000 916.jpg
    960 x 720 - 77K
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009

I would love to have a new dog with lots of morphs so I can make designer dogs, like Chipoopoos.  The ability to make those naked cats would be good for the new cat, even though they might not pass the TOS.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,039

Perhaps it might not pass the TOS rules, but if you make some "Cats Gone Wild" or "College Cats Gone Wild" videos, you might be able to rake in some big cash.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099

Looking forward to your new wolf, Alessandro.  Love your products. 

I usually don't plan production and I model what I find intriguing and challenging. Being very interested in wild animals I do love creating some that I understand won't be popular (the giant anteater being one for sure).

• McGyver said:

Perhaps it might not pass the TOS rules, but if you make some "Cats Gone Wild" or "College Cats Gone Wild" videos, you might be able to rake in some big cash.

Those videos are disgusting - just wall-to-wall pussy.

• LintonLinton Posts: 541

Looking forward to the new wolf too, looks impressive, as does the thylacine, the basking shark (please let us have some new morphs and skins for great white and meg too), and the koala (dopey expression a must too).

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    Timbales said:

Daz Horse 2 default is stallion, with morphs for gelding and mare. 

Mill Big Cat has a male genitalia morph

Mill Dog default is male with morphs for female and neutered.

WHAT.  *facepalm*  I only have the LE version sof the cat and dog, and only use the big cat once so I can accept my ignorance there. But I wasn't aware about the  horse...I blame it on the armor I threw on...

I'm sure there's a portion of the Daz userbase happy they can do their Katherine the Great renders.

-------

I see AM is working on a Koala...that's pretty great! (Though I'd still like nice bunny...the cute cudly kind, not the lean mean watership down kind.