Infinito 2

I understand there was an Infinito 2 in production. Does anyone know anything about it? Denise

Comments

• that was said many yearsr ago...well before LAMH came out. did you see updated news on this?

• dvitoladvitola Posts: 136

No. I was hoping that it was still going to happen. I wish that Bryce would work with OsX 10.9. I used Bryce 15 years ago and loved it. Just looking for a good landscape generator. I have Vue, but really don't care for it much. Do you know if Infinito 1 will work with Daz Studio 4.8?

• dvitola said:

No. I was hoping that it was still going to happen. I wish that Bryce would work with OsX 10.9. I used Bryce 15 years ago and loved it. Just looking for a good landscape generator. I have Vue, but really don't care for it much. Do you know if Infinito 1 will work with Daz Studio 4.8?

i want to say yes...i want to say i tried it a few months ago. im mid render though...might remember to check...

• btw i hadn't used Infinito in years, computer died. i wanted to reinstall. AM got me up and running again really quickly. I was happy.

is working in 4.8 for me. this is just a preset though, didnt' test features at all. loaded preset, let it calculate and did a test render.

4.8.jpg
    720 x 720 - 459K
  • dvitoladvitola Posts: 136

Great! Thanks, Larsmidnatt. I will take the plunge, then and buy it!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    dvitola said:

save your money - you are better off with Vue .

what Larsmidnatt posted is about as good as it gets .

edited September 2015

have you tried this program - free and paid version

Planetside

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Blender is highly capable with landscape creation, It's free, and it works on mac, but it's not an app you can install and sit in front of and figure out without using the available resources on the web. 

• Bigh is incorrect. The image was good, but didn't take advantage of infinito's advanced features. I don't think the post intended to show more than a quick example.
    bigh said:
    dvitola said:

save your money - you are better off with Vue .

what Larsmidnatt posted is about as good as it gets .

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

Kendall is correct. It was just a preset I applied to prove it worked in 4.8. I didn't manipulate anything, not the materials, I didn't add props, didn't use sub-D etc etc etc.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on

Kendall is correct. It was just a preset I applied to prove it worked in 4.8. I didn't manipulate anything, not the materials, I didn't add props, didn't use sub-D etc etc etc.

its still as good as it get .

I don't care what else you do - thats it .

image_1_3256637.jpg
    600 x 489 - 52K
  • years ago there was a decent thread with what people had done but that was ages ago.But if you look at AM tutorials you can see he did better than I did with my 5 second test.

• bigh said:

its still as good as it get .

I don't care what else you do - thats it .

If you have an Axe to grind, be open with it.  Infinito is quite advanced and can do many, many things.  Infinito's abilities impressed the Terragen folks (I saw the email from them) and if they were impressed then it's worth being impressed over.

Just for full disclosure: I am not involved with the Infinito project.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,556

Lets please keep the conversation civil and direct your comments to the topic rather than one another.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,909

I've had Infinito on my wishlist for a long time. Keep debating...

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I'm curious to hear about everybody's experiences with the Infinito plugin for DAZ studio ( http://www.daz3d.com/infinito-1-0 ). 

The good, the bad, interesting things you did with it, interesting things you haven't gotten around to doing with it but think you could, screenshots of your fun projects or experiments, general thoughts on the concept, or whatever.

• Threads merged.

I'd like to know how well Infinito shaders work in Iray. If at all.

edited September 2015

Jaguar: The big thing for me is that it works natively in Daz with other content, instead of having to migrate a lot of content and work in two different applications.

I actually own Carrara, but the problem is all the nifty procedural stuff doesn't work in Daz, so I'd then be forced to migrate everything over to a Carrara scene, or composite. (Which is something I should play around with)

If I could make landscapes and migrate them from Carrara to Daz with procedural fiddly stuff like snowcaps preserved, I would. If I could make IBL-quality HDRIs with Carrara, I would.
    Buuut I can't.

Post edited by Oso3D on

Like, consider. I just tried to open a .duf file in Carrara. It failed to open, I have no idea why. I tried to open a unicorn image in Carrara. The hair, which was originally set to collide with horn and a few other things, was no longer colliding. And it was transmapped before, so I'd have to redo the shader.

There's a lot to be said for modules that work with the tools you have and don't sidetrack you into making up a bunch of other things. One thing I wish Daz had was a flexible suite of procedural shaders, which would make it a lot easier to, say, migrate in terrain to do stuff with.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,462
    edited September 2015

Here is a quick Daz Studio render of the Grand Canyon using USGS data in the Infinito plugin.

Grand Canyon Render.jpg
    1310 x 796 - 352K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

I'm still working my way through the series of videos to see what all it can do.  The store and video screenshots are a little too low-resolution to see exactly what all the fields are, on the right side of the screen appears to be a list of content from which you can select.  How is this populated?  Is it just a duplicate of your content library, or a file browser box and you would have to know where all your content is, or something else?   Can somebody provide a big screenshot?

Also, I'm weird and keep my content in multiple runtimes.  Can this plugin handle that?  (I know some other plugin in the past could not handle more than a handful because it concatenated the runtime names together and it exceeded a maximum length.)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,865
    edited October 2015

I'm not able to install it, I'm not good with files and file paths, so need a bit of help. First, I have to do it manually because it's not in DIM. The first time the location came up, it automatically went to C/Program Files/Daz3D/DazStudio 4  and when I went to Create, the only thing showing was the Expansion Pack which DIM installed. (those are props) and it said not authorized. There was no serial number to retrieve (as per the instructions, which made me mad anyway- having to contact a vendor to get authorization when I should be provided a serial number up front is highly annoying.) 

I went to my DIM to see where things were installed to and for 64 bit it says C:/Program Files then below that where it shows Label and Path it has D/DAZ/Content  (I put my stuff on D)  and that doesn't work either. I get the "Daz Studio could not be found in the installation path provided, please provide a valid path" blurb.  What am I supposed to do?  

EDIT: And when I went to Preferences for the studio and Content Directory Manager, it's D/Daz/Content. So matches the DIM of course- but Infinito won't let me do it there as I said.

I checked and it is in the C://Program Files/Daz3D/Daz Studio 4/ Plugins.

Post edited by Novica on

Novica:

It has been a long time since I installed it; But here are some hints that IIRC may help:

If, as you say, it is in C://Program Files/Daz3D/Daz Studio 4/ Plugins, then open DS and go to Help>About installed Plugins. It should be listed there but not active. You will have to get a serial number from Alessandro and enter it there to activate the plugin. After that you may have to restart DS and then once the plugin is working you should find 'New Infinito Scene Objects' under the Create tab in DS. Click on it to start Infinito.

I'll try that, thanks Charlie. The instructions state to go to Create and get the serial number from there, not Help. I'll see what happens and report back. I know Alessandro is very helpful and am not worried so far as getting help from there, too. yes

edited October 2015

I double checked while I have the ReadMe open, to be sure I was right. (But I'm headed off to try what you suggested.)  It says:

To activate INFINITO the first time, you will need to:

Run INFINITO from the Create menu.
    Copy the Serial Number shown on the About screen.
    Email (gave the email) with the following information:

DAZ Order Number
    Serial Number

You will be mailed an authorization code within 8 hours.
    Once you have the Authorization code, launch the plugin again and fill out the form.

Post edited by Novica on

Well, it's listed there, but there's no text box there either to enter a serial number. Nice try though and appreciate the effort Charlie! I had already emailed Alessandro asking for help.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,826
    edited October 2015

I had trouble re-installing Infiinto when I switched computers. I can't find the PM's or emails that Alessandro and I swapped but he quickly got me going. There are parts of INFINITO scattered in several folders across my computer. The DLL is in the same place you indicated (plugins).

EDITED: I found them. It was a problem that the serial number was different for the new install so needed a new activation code.

Post edited by RGcincy on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,826

It's been a while since I did this, and I may totally remember this wrong, but after you install INFINITO, you click on Daz Studio menu CREATE - New Create INFINITO Scene Objects...

After INFINITO opens, click on the ABOUT tab (upper right). I think you will find a serial number on that page that you send for your activation code that you then enter in the Daz Studio HELP - About Installed Plug-Ins

Novica said:

Well, it's listed there, but there's no text box there either to enter a serial number. Nice try though and appreciate the effort Charlie! I had already emailed Alessandro asking for help.

Sorry, Novica. I've had Infinito installed for years and while I knew you had to get the serial number from Alessandro but I didn't get the activation sequence correct.