Request for Dedicated 3rd Party Software Thread for Cascadeur Users

Hi, it would be great if Cascadeur could be added to the 3rd Party Software page.

With Cascadeur being fully released, as well as having a dedicated Daz export option, it only makes sense to add it in addition to the other Daz related/compatible programs already available on this forum.

I believe it would be beneficial for Daz/Cascadeur users to communicate with each other on bugs and their fixes, discussing successes, as well as failures with one another, and showing off created animations.

It would definitely be well received by those of us using search engines to find our way through errors and glitches that can be hard to find otherwise, or having to wait for very busy (yet very helpful) developers on the Cascadeur Discord server. As most go directly to Discord, the Cascadeur forums do not have much content beyond what is already in the tutorials and docs.

I hope that whoever up the chain reading this will see the potential benefit to both Daz and Cascadeur users, especially those who are hesitant to learn new software and are curious of other's experiences before trying.

Thank you

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,180

To be honest, even the threads dedicated to Cascadeur tend to have fairly limited engagement, so I can't imagine an entire subforum for Cascadeur being anything but a ghost town. I'd love a Houdini subforum, but I understand that it would mostly consist of me shouting into the void. I have been getting back in the mood for tutorials, so I could do one for Cascadeur if there's anything specific you'd want me to focus on.

• Jake HardJake Hard Posts: 11

Gordig said:

To be honest, even the threads dedicated to Cascadeur tend to have fairly limited engagement, so I can't imagine an entire subforum for Cascadeur being anything but a ghost town. I'd love a Houdini subforum, but I understand that it would mostly consist of me shouting into the void. I have been getting back in the mood for tutorials, so I could do one for Cascadeur if there's anything specific you'd want me to focus on.

That's kind of what I'm talking about, a place for things like user made tutorials and the other things I mentioned in the OP. I'm not looking for a specific tutorial atm, as like I'm that kind of kid that loves to take everything apart to see what makes it tick, though tutorials have helped me not smash things in the past. laugh I do appreciate the offer, I don't have anything specific in mind right now.

I do agree with you though, it could end up being completely empty.

But hey, why not?

You could try starting a dedicated thread in either the Commons or, more likely, Art Studio. You could post your own experiments and experiences there, and maybe other people will join you.

• Jake HardJake Hard Posts: 11

Gordig said:

You could try starting a dedicated thread in either the Commons or, more likely, Art Studio. You could post your own experiments and experiences there, and maybe other people will join you.

That's a good idea, I'll have to think on it for a bit, but that may end up being the better option. It'll probably be a while, if ever, before anyone in control of the forum sees or considers my post. I appreciate the feedback!

• Warning, don't install new Cascadeur Cascadeur 2024.1, doen't export to DAZ3d.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780

jtorres19749 said:

Warning, don't install new Cascadeur Cascadeur 2024.1, doen't export to DAZ3d.

No issue on my side, FBXs are well exported and played in DS.

crosswind said:

jtorres19749 said:

Are you currently subscribed? As an early adopter, I got an email from Cascadeur about a free upgrade to Indie for 2 years containing the following text:

By upgrading to Cascadeur Indie, you gain access to the FBX and DAE export which is not part of Cascadeur Free anymore. 

Gordig said:

crosswind said:

jtorres19749 said:

Are you currently subscribed? As an early adopter, I got an email from Cascadeur about a free upgrade to Indie for 2 years containing the following text:

By upgrading to Cascadeur Indie, you gain access to the FBX and DAE export which is not part of Cascadeur Free anymore. 

Yea, I am, with a Pro plan, starting from Black Friday of last year. Now it seems that free upgrade to Indie goes to the users who registered before March 1st, 2024.

• cain-xcain-x Posts: 159

Casc has an active Discord server and they deal with DAZ content every so often.

cain-x said:

Casc has an active Discord server and they deal with DAZ content every so often.

Oh... that's good a thing !