exr files batch convert SOLVED Casual texanim script works

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,877

I can scream I do this too often, render to exr instead of png in octane

nothing opens them at least no video compositor or batch converter I have, DAZ studio will load single images as does iClone nothing else does

the open exr site only has code samples and a photoshop plugin that does not work in elements or Gimp

I waste hours rendering by mistake and have to delete and start over

done it too often, is there any easy way to convert the buggers?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• I use photoshop there it would work. There are some free progs on the net that will also work I just do not have the links. Do a google search.

• ronmolinaronmolina Posts: 118
    edited September 2015

There may be some paid progs as well with a fully functional trial period that may work for you.

Post edited by ronmolina on
  • EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 578

It depends whether you're comfortable compiling software from source. I use exrtools on OS X, but it's supposed to run on Windows. If you can find it somewhere (or compile it yourself), it has command line tools for converting EXR to other formats. There's also pfstools, which suffers from the same requirement (source code only). GraphicsMagick is available precompiled for Windows but it's not always compiled with EXR support so your mileage may vary.

If I were running Windows, though, I'd take a look at Oloneo. They have what looks like some seriously nice HDR processing software for a reasonable price.

• done a google search that was first step but Xnview and irfanview will not open them even with plugin

Blender does but I am having a hellava time with the compositor, it only renders first image of series, Blender really does my head in

I do not own photoshop use gimp and the open exr plugin does not work in Adobe Elements

I am still trying to figure out Blender at this point, was hoping there was an easier free way

Blackmagic Fusion will play it but cannot save

• I can only get the first image to render of the series

Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 458K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,877
    edited September 2015

trying batch convert but do not have image sequence node crying

as shown in this link

akll I can find

Capture.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 227K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,877
    edited September 2015

Poser will load an exr file as an image so now in wacros room playing with bricks and nodes no idea what I am doing to see if I can render a png series

apparently not

image magic opens them too but how do I batch convert?

• Thank you Casual your texanim script works even with iray and is doing all the images in sequence heartheartheartheartheart

• Well that is excellent news for you!

• was a round about way to do it but workable if I ever slip up again