"Transparent" error

Brand new, never seen before error just popped up tonight with an image I'm working on. Using a goggle type prop, I applied a custom transmap to it so that only the right side was visible. Initally everything looked fine, until I did a test render to see how the shaders I'd applied looked.
That was when I noticed that the glass showed up on both halves and the frame itself was ghosted but still there.

I noticed an error that cropped up: 3Delight message #140 (Severity 1): R0531: unsupported hit mode 'transparent'

Is there anyone that might know what happened, and how I might go about fixing this?

I should note that I'd done this before with this exact same prop, just in an earlier version of DS. Right now I'm using 4.8.0.59

Comments

• Are the glass and frame separate materials, or is it all one?

There are two complications here — simply applying the transmap only affects the diffuse colour, you will still see the effects of other parameters, e.g. Specular, Ambient etc. This can leave a "ghost" of the complete object visible in a render. Also, if the materials are separate, does the glass use the default D|S shader, or a custom shader? That might affect whether or not Weird Stuff™ happens.

• There's three seperate material zones, one for the frame, one for the glass, and one for another part of the glasses (a hinge type thing). All three parts show DAZ Studio Default for the shader type, but I've applied shader materials to each zone. I did notice that one shader caused more problems than others however, for reasons that are beyond my understanding at this moment.