scenes and subsets save and open locations incorrectly different

For some reason daz I can see saved scenes and scene subsets on the computer, but it is saving all new scenes and subsets in a totally different folder.... one that does not appear anywhere in my content manager. I don't care if it saves or opens in the new or old location, as long as wherever das saves scenes ina folder I can see and access in the content manager to be able to open it later. How do I edit this so the scenes and scene subsets I open are visible, or so I can save content in the folder that already is?

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

When in a DAZ Studio Format directory use the plus sign at the bottom to save.  What is the exact path to the folder you are trying to save to?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

When you save a scene you can change the folder in the save dialog, after that it should default to the last location you used.

• There are two ways to save your scenes. Using the menu, File>Save As should always (but always check before you commit yourself) open the save dialog wherever you last saved a file. The big maybe-hiccup here is that you must manually navigate to your content location, so you must always know where it is.

Using the "+" at the bottom of the Content Library tab, by definition you're always saving into a content location D|S knows about. This is what I've done ever since the very first version of D|S was released, precisely because I never need to worry about where I'm saving to, and I never need to worry about accidentally saving to a folder outside the content locations D|S knows about.