Moving from Gen2 to Gen3 [Help]

I have been using Genesis 2 female to develop my character, using Gen2 clothing, hair etc.

I have been interested in moving over to Genesis 3, as it looks like there is more content becoming available and i will assume more support as Gen2 might phase out?

So, I want to know how to go about moving over to gen3 while maintaining what i have done with gen2.. this mainly involves the body morphs and clothing. As I am using the gen2 body morph packs, will i need to purchas the new morph packs for gen3? and can the gen2 character shape be easily applied to gen3?

My big problem is the boots I am using on the gen2 model and how autofit would apply to gen3. 

Thank you in advance for any help.   

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited September 2015

Whatever you have for previous generations doesn't become useless when a new generation is released; unless of course, you think it has?

You can use models from both - or even multiple generations - in a theme. Although morphs available for G2 may not yet be available for G3, that doesn't stop you unsing what there is, but resorting to an earlier generataion when you can't find what you need. You may even decide to create what is missing yourself.

Footwear doesn't transfer well, especially those with heels; all you can do is test and see. You can of course use the default G3F which is included for free to test out those items you want to use. I've mainly switched over, but I still use G2F on occasions, and have created a number of morphs for my own use with G3F  - with varying degrees of success.

Post edited by nicstt on