DragonFly Hair V4 fit does not fit

Tried using this on a V4 character and it is way off. Works on G2 and G3.

JD

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

Can you give a bit more details?

What program do you use, and what version? Was it on a default V4 or on a morphed character? In what ways is it "way off"?

Do you have a screenshot of the problem?

• jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 587
    edited September 2015

I'm using DAZ 4.8 Pro and the Character was V4 ADSI Odonata, the left side is close but on the right side the space for the ear is way off, like the hair is on twisted.

I'll get a screenshot, ASAP.

Post edited by jdavison67 on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Did you download the V4  version of the hair? The one in the Poser installer?

• Yes!

I am using the poser installer version. I usually don't have issues with this sort of thing. I spent quite a bit of time trying to fit it manually, but it just seemed to get worse.

I tried unparenting it, and just moving it around, but I gave up as it was just getting silly. The ears wouldn't line up on both sides and it made the renders useless. I wound up rendering without hair and then rendering the hair alone and I Photoshop them together, with a lot of editing. 

JD

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

You say Parenting.  I just tried another hair for someone else (I don't have this one) and in Poser it needs to be conformed, which I think is "Fit To" in DS rather than parent. I could be wrong, but did you try fitting it to V4?

• jdavison67jdavison67 Posts: 587
    edited September 2015

Yes it is fit to the character and it actually looks correct in a default pose.

If I use a pose the hair does not pose properly with the head though it is parented. I do not have this issue with other hair items.

If you look at the examples, the issue in the pose, other than default in the middle, the hair does not follow the pose, or fit with the ears, when the head is turned.

It's worse on the right side of her head. Different poses show the issue in different ways.

JD

Pose1.jpg
    672 x 549 - 49K
    Default Pose.jpg
    598 x 443 - 46K
    Pose2.jpg
    629 x 591 - 67K
    Post edited by jdavison67 on