After upgrading to 4.8, my Dynamic Cloth stopped working. Anyone else?

moon_babymoon_baby Posts: 41

My Dynamic Cloth was working fine but once I upgraded to 4.8, it stopped working.  Clothes no longer show up in the viewport and in the Scene partition it merely has the rig, but no actual clothing. So if anyone had this problem also but fixed it, can they tell me how they did it?  I imagine when 4.8 installed, something got left out, moved, who knows what? Is there something I can do to repair the connection so that dynamic cloth items are once more functional?  This is why I am always afraid to upgrade because with each new upgrade, I always tend to lose something.  Argh!smiley

Thank you to anyone who responds!

Post edited by moon_baby on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited September 2015

Do you have the advanced Dynamic Clothing Control and if so have you downloaded and installed that?

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • moon_baby said:

My Dynamic Cloth was working fine but once I upgraded to 4.8, it stopped working.

Did you upgrade the Dynamics plugin at the same time as the D|S program itself? Some of the plugins, the dynamics is the most common, must be updated every time you update the program — the final two numbers of the version must match. Just saying "4.8" isn't enough, you must look at all four numbers of the version. This happens automatically for the basic free plugin that's included in the D|S installer, but the advanced DCC plugin that you pay for is a separate download.

• I have the same issue. And even after manually adding the requisyte autorigger and cloth control plugins it does not work.

• moon_babymoon_baby Posts: 41
    edited September 2015

@SimonJM Yes, I do have the latest version "DS4 Dynamic Clothing Control 1.5.0.59 win 64" installed.  It did not change anything.  It still does not function. All it shows is the rig in the scene but no dress.  I have the latest DS4.8.0.59 installed, so everything matches.

@SpottedKitty I upgraded DS4 and noticed my dynamic cloth stopped working.  I checked to see if there was an upgrade for the dynamic cloth, and found the version mentioned above.  I installed it but the cloth only shows the rig in the scene without the dress.  I checked again today and the dynamic cloth download remains the same version, so there's nowhere else to go as far as current versions go.  I have the most current DS4 and the most current dynamic cloth.  And yes, the last two numbers do match - .59.  I never noticed that before.  Thank you for pointing that out for future reference!

@bwise1701  Have you heard any suggestions on how to get cloth to work again?  I am so bummed because I just learned how to use iray more efficiently and now I can't use the dynmaic cloth.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Can you try reinstalling a dynamic cloth item and see if it works?  I haven't seen it since DS3, but I recall in the past having to reinstall dynamic clothing periodically because it stopped working.

• moon_baby said:

@bwise1701  Have you heard any suggestions on how to get cloth to work again?  I am so bummed because I just learned how to use iray more efficiently and now I can't use the dynmaic cloth.

I'm afraid not. I'm stuck as well.

• moon_baby said:
    And yes, the last two numbers do match - .59.  I never noticed that before.

Something to keep in mind about version numbers — they're in groups divided by full stops. The "last two numbers" in this case aren't five and nine, they're zero and fifty-nine.

I'm kind of out of suggestions as well; I've never had a problem with the plugin that couldn't be fixed by ensuring the version numbers match. What does the About Installed Plugins dialog show? It's on the Help menu, scroll the list down until you see the Dynamics plugin and click on it to see the details. If you see anything except a green plug icon, something went wrong during installation.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Make sure it's registered.

• moon_babymoon_baby Posts: 41
    edited October 2015

@SpottedKitty, @nicstt, @bwise1701, @fixmypcmike, @SimonJM,

Thank you all for your responses.  This forum thing is really amazing.  I must use it more often!  I've solved two problems in two days just by coming here.

YES, I figured it out, so listen up bwise1701.  This might help you.  Do as SpottedKitty said in her last comment.  Check to see if your dynamic cloth is registered.  Go to the Help Menu and click on About Installed Plug-Ins.  If the plug icon is grey and there is a box next to it for your serial number, then you need to re-register your product even though it's still the same one you purchased long ago.  The serial number needs to be put back in for the plug-in to be enabled in the newer version of Studio and Dynamic Cloth.  It doesn't cost you anything.  After you put your serial # in the supplied box, click OK and it will tell you to restart Studio, enabling the plug-in to work.  Voila, you're done.  I immediately went back in to check and my plug-in icon for Dynamic cloth was green like SpottedKitty said it should be.  You're good to go.  My plug-in now works.  @nicstt, you were correct!  I just learned sometning new.

Thank you one and all for your time and charity.  You just made my day.heart

dynamic cloth screenshot.jpg
    1920 x 1037 - 154K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited October 2015

And to get your serial number, go here

Post edited by SimonJM on
  • bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247

So my Dynamic cloth control plugin is green so I don't think it's that though I'll diouble check the serial number when I get back, however in your screen shot I notice you have ONLY the Dynamic Cloth control plugin and not the basci one as well. I see both in my list - could that be the problem ? There collide with each other and you should only have one or the other?

If so is there another file to be removed and replaced with libdzautoriggercontrol.dylib? As well as libdzoptitexclothcontrol.dylib?

Removing the basic loth plugins and re-installing seems to have fixed the issue.

THanks for the help folks.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    bwise1701 said:

THanks for the help folks.

Glad you got it sorted.