Dress made in MD5 will not fit th V6

Hello, I have a problem with conforming / fitting. I have been reading some tutorials, but there seem to be some changes in DAZ 4.8
I have made a dress in MD5 (with V6 as Avatar) and I am exporting it to DAZ as an OBJ file. When importing the dress to DAZ3D everything is fine, just some small adjustment. But when I am using the transfer utility the dress is getting to small, it do not longer fit. Do any of you know the reason for this, or what can I do with it?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5oy4xmjsbpl5htg/AADL3SIRSowYftQxFyZU_hXia?dl=0

Link to the dress if someone would like to try it.

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited September 2015

Without your list of steps I can't tell you what you did wrong. But no, nothing has changed in 4.8. 

Did you design the Dress around a particular shape or just the base G2F. When you first start it is easier just to use G2F as it requires a few less steps to fit properly.

There are a few addtional steps when you design the outfit around a particular morph that must be setup in the transfer utility. And then one more step after that to load the manually crafted morph to replace the automatically generated morph.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • There are changes from 4.5 / 4.6 , the changes are where the menu and tools are located. Because when I am following a tutorial for Daz 4.5 they are not in the same place in 4.8. But it should not be any problem anyway.
    I did make the dress around Victoria 6 (Default in daz) Victoria 6 is maybe a morph from Genesis 2F, so I will try the G2 F instead. I will report back how that went.

Thank you so much for taking time to answer.

edited September 2015

Victoria 6 is not the default in daz. As you say she is a morph for G2F. However if you made a dress around a morph you can still get that to work fine with a few extra steps.

When using the transfer utility:

For source Pick G2F
    For Item shape pick Morph
    Scroll through the list to find the V6 morph

For target pick the dress, and you can leave item shape as default.
    Check Reverse Source Shape from target.
    Press accept.

You will notice the dress fits, but it has automatically generated the morph for the V6 shape. For example the bust area my now suffer shrink wrap. this is no problem.

Select the dress
    click morph loader pro icon.
    Choose Morph files
    Pick the OBJ you saved from MD
    Change the Name to match the name of the morph (Victoria 6 probably, but it needs to be exactly the name of morph)
    Reverse Deformations NO
    Overwrite Existing: Deltas Only
    Accept.

The automatically created morph will be replaced with your manually shaped one. now the dress will look perfect for V6.

You can also use this process to make custom fixes for other shapes. Say you want to reuse this dress on Aiko, but the shrink wrap boobs are annoying, you can fix up the obj just for aiko and import and override the system generated Aiko morph. When you dial out a morph, this fix morph will also dial out. So it will only be used when needed.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,050

V6 is indeed a G2F morph, so the options to choose when using the tranfer utility to rig it are a bit different

IIRC what you do is load the dress obj, load V6 (or G2F but with the V6 morph applied), launch the transfer utility and select V6 and "current" as the source shape for the transfer so it reverses the morph.

• Hi Again, did try what you suggested, it worked. But now, I am not sure what to do next, to make it fit other figures. 

edited September 2015

it; will automatically generate morphs for other shapes. They wont look perfect and you may want to fix certain issues. If you want to tweak it for particular figures it requires some work.

Dial in a new shape for g2f with the dress fit to her.
    export the dress as obj. (the obj will have the shape of the current character)
    make changes in program of choice. You don't delete or add verts, just morph the dress to look nice. 
    Export as new OBJ, maybe call it A6_dress
    Back in Daz, use morph loader pro to import this new obj as I described earlier.
    set the new fixed obj to overwrite the automatically created morph for that shape.(Maybe Aiko 6, or Olympia 6 or whatever)