Strange honeycomb dot pattern on surface textures in Iray render

I'm having trouble with a strange honeycomb dot pattern appearing in the wall textures of Stonemason's Utopia Deck C when rendered in Iray.  The surfaces are all updated with the Iray Uber Base but I also tested it without and I still see the problem.  The dots aren't in any of the textures and they don't show up in a 3Delight render.

Anybody know what this is?

V6 runs 09b wall problem 02.jpg
1280 x 720 - 114K
V6 runs 09b wall problem 01.jpg
1280 x 720 - 106K
V6 runs 09b wall surface settings.jpg
958 x 1200 - 278K

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I think it might be texture compression. Go into your Render Settings / Advanced tab. Try setting it to 4096 min/max and try again. It doesn't necessarily have to be that high, but... good to test.

• Thanks, Will.  Looks like that cleared up the problem.

I had to raise the Medium Treshold to 2048 and the High to 4096 to make it completely go away.  Is there any documentation on what these numbers actually do?  If you increase them too much does it increase your render time?

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

Increasing them will increase how much they add to the memory load if your using GPU rendering. It means that a large scene has a better chance of ending up as a CPU only render. There are also times when the texture is just so old and small that trying to make it larger and higher resolution will not help.

• I see.  Thanks, @Khory