texturing/coloring prims

I tried to texture/color a prim I'm using as part of a 'kit-bash' I'm working on but the texture doesn;t seem to be apliying. is there somethign I need to do before  I can texture? 

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

When I see someone talk of prims it makes me think of Second Life.  What program are you using?  What are you kit-bashing from? What format is your part?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Does your prim have UV coordinates?

• FabeFabe Posts: 212
    edited October 2015

@ Cris

I'm using DAZ studio and kit bashing using a combination of primitives from the daz 'create' menu,a sci-fi  vehicles constrution set from renderosity and when I get it the Nurnies Greebles Parts and Pieces from the Daz store .

@chohole

No, how do I add UV coordinates?

Post edited by Fabe on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    Fabe said:

@ Cris

I'm using DAZ studio and kit bashing using a combination of primitives from the daz 'create' menu,a sci-fi  vehicles constrution set from renderosity and when I get it the Nurnies Greebles Parts and Pieces from the Daz store .

chohole

No, how do I add UV coordinates?

All Primitives in the DS Create menu are already UV Mapped.   To see tha map, load a primitive, select it's texture in the Surfaces pane, then select 'UV View' from the Camera drop-down menu.

You can change the colour of the primitive if you want in the Surfaces pane, Diffuse colour, or use the template in UV View to map it to your texture file.