Ness Townhouse mat issue question

Studio 4.6. Ness Period Reproductions Townhouse issue.

The interior floor maps don't apply correctly, as you can see. Wireframe view shows each floor area as a single polygon, 4 sided. The jpg's are fine, but the floorboard mats apply warped, on an angle from opposite corners. All the floors are affected, but the cobble street texture isn't.

Especially at the Entrance, the floor texture is important, as it shows whenever the front door is posed open.

It's a very nice model that's been around a while, but I didn't find any mention of this problem in the forums. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this misapplied mat issue?

Townhouse Map Flaw 2 T1.jpg
1439 x 860 - 464K
Townhouse map flaw T1.jpg
1436 x 807 - 427K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,041
    edited October 2015

Did you try rendering? The kinking goes away when I do so. Edit 2 - at least, it does in 3Delight, not in Iray.

It does the same if I apply the textures to the OBJ in modo. The issue seems to be caused by the forced perspective effect - the boxes of the window blockers are tapering to the back. If I adjust the floor polygon on the UV map to match the shape of the actual polygon then I can eliminate the kinking, but of course the result will then be diverging planks as viewed. If I straighten the window-blocker box out, so it isn't tapering, then the kinking also goes away. If you can make a simple box of your own, or edit the various WB OBJ files to straighten them out, that should eliminate the issue - in the meantime I would suggest opening a support ticket.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Thanks, Richard,

In render, 4.6, I tried a render, but the problem remained. Weird.

Beautifully detailed texture, though. Well worth messing around with.

Redoing the boxes sounds like the way to go.