Daz3d to 3ds Max FBX clothing not attached when imported.

Hello everyone :)

This is my first time posting so i'm not too sure if this is in the right sectiong.

I just had a quick question in terms of exporting daz3d models with clothing to 3ds max as FBX to create some simple animations.

Everything, including the hair,  exports perfectly and lines up with the model as long as it leave it in a t-pose when exporting from DAZ. 

When it's imported into 3DS Max, I have to manually add the items to the character in the poly-attach item which works.

But I was curious, is there a setting when exporting from Daz that allows you to change the t-pose and keep a cutsom pose as the default?

Also is there a way to export from Daz3d that allows the clothing to be imported and attached instead of having to do it manually each time?

It still does work for now, just wondering if I was missing a setting on export.

Any help would be great :D

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2015

there is an option to merge clothing into the skeleton when you export the fbx. check that. However, I don't think the clothes will keep it's own skeletal animation.

I don't know about max, and how it interprets it, but I would try that option. Welcome to the forum.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on