Easy Environments: ExoPlanet VIII (Daz Studio) [Commercial]

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,079

Oh I like this! Definitely going to my cart as soon as it's released.

You get a better sense of the set's dimensions with the second one, but I think the first one will work better as a thumbnail as there's more contrast between the sky and structure.

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 882

Thanks jardine & Leana, the feedback is appreciated, glad you like the set.
    Wherever I ask about the main-images I end up with a 50:50, I`ll probably have to flip a coin. ;)

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

If you haven't gotten into the "flipping mode" yet (hehe), then I also vote for the second one, it appears to read better in terms of dimensions and structure.

Thanks Mustakettu! No coin flipping yet, I think I got a few days to decide until the set is further along with Daz QA.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

They both look good, but the second one seems more impressive in terms of what you're getting. 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,352

Flipmode said:

Hi guys!
    Oh my, 6 month since my previous release, not my best year. ;)
    Anyway, a new set is on the way, time for an early preview. Hope you`ll like it.

Also, I have a bit of a problem, I find myself unable to decide which of those two images to use as main-image for the store page. Decisions! ;)
    If you have a take on it please let me know! Imo one is more atmospheric, the other more informative. Don`t know yet if Daz have a preference on their end.

Great pictures! The first would be good as an eye-catcher on the main page, the second is actually more informative. But the last one, the one you don't like, should definitely be on display as well because it gives the best impression of your new product. I'm very excited to see it!

Thanks guys, I think it`s a tie again. ;)

It`s not that I don`t like the last image caravele, actually I like it a lot.
    I just ended up with too many images after the render session, and of course some similar ones between Iray and 3Delight.
    There`s worse problems to have. ;)
    Funny enough, I forgot the usual "HDRI only" (no geometry) render lol.

..., actually, why not fix that. ;) So, no geometry render >

wc

Hey guys!
    Just to give a quick update ... everything took a bit longer than anticipated, but "Stairway to Hell" is finally crawling towards the finishline.
    It should release in about a week, fingers crossed. ;)

wc

wc

Hey!
    Stairway to Hell is now available in the store. :)
    https://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-stairway-to-hell

Some more infos and tips about the set are to be found below the gallery on my site.
    http://flipmode3d.com/easy-environments-stairway-to-hell/

Hope you`ll like the set!

wc

wc

And in the cart it goes :)

Thanks Leana, I hope you`ll enjoy it! ;)

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,332

I instantly started getting all sorts of ideas when I saw this in the store. It will be a perfect background for Archmage Athena versus a huge evil monster. 

Incidentally, I really liked the optional "normal" sky HDRI.  That opens up even more possibilities. 

It will be the weekend after next before I can invest in this, due to budgetary contstraints, but it will be mine before long. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

Hey Alex, happy to hear it! What could be better than reading a set sparks some creative ideas. :)

If you`d need more room for that huge monster you can hide the front row of towers. ;)

As for the HDRIs, if you are refering to this image I feel I need to clarify the HDRI is from the Exoplanet I set.
    The two included HDRIs are both the dark lava theme, rendered from different hight levels.

wc

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,785

Flipmode said:

Hi guys!
    Just to drop the usual "available now" info. :)
    Easy Environments Earth
    I hope you`ll like the set.
    If you are looking for extra-info, here`s the info & tips page: Link: Easy Environments Earth info

wc

wc

wc

wc

I know these are a bit back there, Flip ... but I was wondering if you have any more space domes floating around somewhere? Or if there is another sale on these soon?

Hi Willow!
    Well, this is a similar set:
    https://www.daz3d.com/easy-environments-space
    If you are mostly after the space spheres, I think it has a few more variations than the earth set.
    There`s also the Exoplanet sets, some here, some ...elsewhere ;) But those have landscapes on the lower half.

As for sales, tbh. I never know about that either, Daz is handling it.
    But they usually put my whole store on sale when I have a new release, which, as chance has it, is supposed to happen last day of this week. ;)

If that`s fine with you, let`s wait and see if that happens.
    If it doesn`t I am sure we can figure something out. ;)

You are so awesome! ... I'm thinking of buying both sets ... Eath and Space ... today. Need it for a job due on Monday. But I'll be sure to post renders of finished work so maybe ppl will grab some of your older sets during the next sale.

sending you a DM

edited September 2021

I know the EESpace set is a bit older, but new to me ... I am doing my best to learn iray, but so far, I'm only scratching the surface. In my latest scene, I am using FM's EESpace set for the spacedome and the 3DL lights for the non-iray elements. I would have also used the planets, but I needed to use planet from a separate set for my needs this time. FM helped me figure out where to find the 3DL lights via PM. I keep missing sales, but I plan to grab the Earth set soon, too.

MW11 final (color) web.jpg
    1665 x 840 - 214K
    MW11 final (bw) web.jpg
    1665 x 840 - 147K
    Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • Looks great Willow, thanks for posting the images.
    Kinda cool to see how much the scene improved from the first draft you showed me.

• Thank you :) I'm still very confused by iray, though. What are the odds you happen to have a video tutorial on how to use the iray part of the section?

I just realized I posted this to the wrong EE thread, too. Do you want me to post it to a different one?

• Sorry for the slow reply ...

Nono, this thread is fine, I think the other one is the left-over from when Daz switched to the "new" forum.

You mean a tutorial for the Space set (Iray)?
    There really isn`t much to it, load a starfield (Render-Settings version recommended), load a planet, render away. ;)

I have info & tips pages up for Space and Earth, but those are rather additional infos aiming to help out if you have troubles with rendering.
    http://flipmode3d.com/fmee-space-info/
    http://flipmode3d.com/fmee-earth-info/

• But what if you want the sun or suns to come from a different direction? And what if, like I did, one wants to render in both 3DL and Iray. Can I load 3DL starfield with lights, spin as I like, then load iray starfield and rotate with same numbers and all lights align right?

• The lighting on EE:Space is bound to the Planet preloads (not the Starfields). That´s due to the planets being 2D billboards with "baked in" shadows.
    Binding the lighting to the planets allows to keep the sun position correct, relative to the planet.
    In that regard it`s different to other Easy Environment sets.

So you can rotate the starfields any way you want without considering the lighting.
    If you use the "Render Settings" Starfields, you can do that under "Render Settings/Environment/Dome" (Orientation XYZ or Rotation).
    It`s not as intuitive as rotating a physical skydome manually, but works well enough.

As for sun rotation ... if you use it with the included planets, you`d want to rotate the "Center Planet# (Orbit)" node.
    This rotates everything in sync, sun, planets, moons.
    If you´d e.g. use the "Center Sun" node, you`d rotate the sun independently from the planet. That´s fine, but breaks the (lighting-) sync of the system.

The planet-bound lighting should be the same for both 3DL and Iray, so yes, it should be possible to use the same rotation numbers.

Tbh., I can`t really imagine a scenario where mixing 3DL and Iray would make much sense though.
    If it was about using 3DL models ... they often look quite right in Iray out of the box. If they don`t, I`d rather work on the surfaces.
    SickleYield has good info on Iray materials: https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Iray-Surfaces-And-What-They-Mean-519346747

• Since I had to be able to rotate the planet to give visual access to the southern pole, I had to use planets from a different set. I needed the control and the ability to re-paint or modify the textures. The planes are perfect if I just need a standard view, though. The planet I used was a 3DL planet and I needed control of the light. I understand Iray lights don't position as easily as 3DL lights. Plus, I'm still a big chicken and creature of habit, lol. The ship, however, looked much better with iray shaders ... therefore ending to render those in iray. Then I just merged the two renders in photoshop. But I would prefer to figure out how to match the two light angles more accurately than I did. Is it really noticeable that I have two different light sources?

• WillowRaven said:

I understand Iray lights don't position as easily as 3DL lights. ...

But I would prefer to figure out how to match the two light angles more accurately than I did. Is it really noticeable that I have two different light sources?

I didn`t notice different light sources on your latest images at all!
    Now that you mentioned it, I can see it is probably not 100% accurate, but imo that doesn`t matter at all, given you didn`t go for a super realistic style anyway.

As for Iray lighting in general, yes, in some ways it is more complicated than 3DL.
    Most environmental scenes would use HDRIs, which kinda lock your lighting (the EE:Space set being rather an exception).
    I know from some of your previous images, that you sometimes move the lighting (out of sync with the skybox) to better fit your scenes in general.

With Iray, you probably need more of a photo-studio approach, using additional "fake lights" rather than changing the general lighting direction.

edited September 2021

Yeah ... lol ... I suck at lighting, lol. Took me three years to learn any sort of decent lighting then I found yours (which a designed to be idiot-proof, then I go and change it :P). But I trust the wanted results from your light sets more than others I've bought. So I really do think using your iray sets will be good training wheels for me. I do like the idea of using a fake light to maintain control. How would I do that? By using one of your glowing props?

Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • Lol, why didn`t I bring that up myself? ;)

Ye, the Glowing Things wouldn`t be the worst choice for that I think.
    Most of the props have invisible light objects attached (I demoed this on the video) and the invisible light shader is included, so you could attach that to any geometry.
    Usually using emissive light surfaces works better on Iray than point/spot lights ...no clue why tbh.. ;)

Hey there!

Previews for the next Easy Environments set, ExoPlanet VI, coming pretty soon.

Hope you´ll like it! :)

wc

wc

wc

wc

Looking great :)

Thanks Leana :)