Liquid-pack - Iray / 3Delight??? Who knows?

2»

Comments

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,405
    Esemwy said:

Well the package contains mostly props, and a single 3Delight water shader. If you have the Iray shaders to work with it (you do), and the shapes seem useful, there's nothing to keep you from using it with Iray. 

The product page lists six shaders. They're all showing up for me.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506
    edited November 2015

Well, speak of the devil, the Liquid Pack is now on sale! That's a lot sooner than I expected... so I need to make some room.

Here are three of the 6 or so 'blood spray' patterns. Just, well, not blood.

Which props/presets did you use for this, please? :)

Post edited by mtl1 on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

Background is Level 19, container is... huh, I have no idea where I got that.

As for the liquid, it's 'blood' 03, 04, and 05. Presets... I ended up settling on the Jade shader for the liquid, and then put a light source in the container.

• Background is Level 19, container is... huh, I have no idea where I got that.

As for the liquid, it's 'blood' 03, 04, and 05. Presets... I ended up settling on the Jade shader for the liquid, and then put a light source in the container.

Level 19 comes with several of the fantasy packs and is also in the Sci-Fi Warrior Bundle which is free.  That is how I got it, free in the Sci-Fi Warrior Bundle.

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,506

Background is Level 19, container is... huh, I have no idea where I got that.

Thanks :) I'm actually surprised that the jade preset came out that nicely. I might have to try that with my planned ooze next render -- wet maps and drips from a regen chamber. Think Dragonball Z rengeration?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

Normally I'd adjust stuff myself, but it came out so well I went 'eh, whatevs'. ;)

I really like using transmitted color for liquids -- if you are careful to set the scale right, you can really get a sense of light coloring as it goes through a liquid. A hint of SSS, also appropriately placed, can create the slight occlusion through fluid.