[Released] Space Bash!

2»

Comments

• xyer0 said:

There were several space releases that day.

That's what I get for hiding in my lab... 

• Here it comes...

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,145

Yes, please! laugh

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,739

It's here! Sadly, it shall be a few days before I can get to play with it.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

Man.

I was like 'I can do that. And I could make that. And...'

By the 5th or 6th item ... ok, eff it, going to buy this (tomorrow, timing punches and such)

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318

WOOHOO!  Grabs space suit and heads for the airlock.  Attaches helmet and... what is that hissing sound? Nah, forget about it, its nothing. Anyway, punches airlock door button and heads out for adventure!  

More as it develops.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 494

This looks awesome! Perfect timing too since I just finished reading the latest Murderbot diaries book and have the urge to do a Perihelion render above the Lost Colony (book fanart).

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,318

Shimrian said:

This looks awesome! Perfect timing too since I just finished reading the latest Murderbot diaries book and have the urge to do a Perihelion render above the Lost Colony (book fanart).

YAYY! It only took me .32 seconds to respond to a fellow MurderBot fan! I just started book 7 this morning on my commute to work. "Let's silently and individually watch Sanctuary Moon together!"
  • This was an instant buy smiley

Already having fun:

See in my gallery for the assets I used.

• ShimrianShimrian Posts: 494
    edited November 2023

Ok, so here is my first test render with a few props. To create the scene I did a render with Planet Physos and Hyacinth Starfield. I chose this starfield instead of the SB Adaptive one because it looked like it had more star clumping and when I tried viewing how earth looked from a distance, the stars always showed a lot more variance than what I found when working on the adaptive starfield. You can see an arm of the milky way when looking at earth from the distance (at least that's what I think I'm seeing), so this seemed better for the scene. I used a distant light for the sun and did two renders, one with Infinite Sphere and one with Finite Box. I combined them with the infinite sphere set to lighten on blending mode in PS (So that I could get better light on the planet, but keep the cool star view). I also did a bunch of modifications in the environment tab in Daz.

space station

I need to figure out how to put an actual sun in the scene instead of a distant light, but tomorrow is a holiday and I probably won't get to play more until this weekend. 

Anyway, looks like lots of fun and tons of potential. I can't wait to get some space scenes with people in space suits doing repairs or Murderbot (aka SecUnit) rescuing refuge children from a shipping crate!

And yay @Gogger, enjoy book 7!

test space station far - finite box as lighten layer.jpg
    2368 x 1332 - 703K
    Post edited by Shimrian on
  • That looks brilliant! Loving see these first renders! About the distant light thing, in my tests I found that just dropping a sphere into the scene similar to your planet's scale, and then moving it out of frame and lighting it up did the trick. It's what I used for all of my promo shots. When I used the distant light, the shadows never modelled well, and I always ended up with harsh edges. I've been told that the distant light is a holdover from the early days of 3Delight rendering, but for whatever reason, it never looked right. Mesh lights to the rescue!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,904
    edited November 2023

Great pack. Below is my first trial.

Timetrius01db01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 438K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Cool. Can the designs (alien crop circles?) on the planet be enlarged?

edited November 2023

A close-up of Planet Timetrius

Timetrius02pic05.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 577K
    Post edited by Artini on

AnEye4Art said:

Cool. Can the designs (alien crop circles?) on the planet be enlarged?

Hi,

The circles are spread out over many maps, as one can see on

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/92385/file_list

so for example for the Planet Timetrius are:

• /Runtime/Textures/Those Things/Space Bash!/SB Planet 08 Cloud Layer BaseColor 8k.png

• /Runtime/Textures/Those Things/Space Bash!/SB Planet 08 Cloud Layer Opacity 8k.png

• /Runtime/Textures/Those Things/Space Bash!/SB Planet 08 Cloud Layer Roughness 8k.png

• /Runtime/Textures/Those Things/Space Bash!/SB Planet 08 Planet Surface BaseColor 8k.png

• /Runtime/Textures/Those Things/Space Bash!/SB Planet 08 Planet Surface Emission Color 8k.png

• /Runtime/Textures/Those Things/Space Bash!/SB Planet 08 Planet Surface Emissive 8k.png

• /Runtime/Textures/Those Things/Space Bash!/SB Planet 08 Planet Surface Normal 8k.png

• /Runtime/Textures/Those Things/Space Bash!/SB Planet 08 Planet Surface Roughness 8k.png

Most of them has crop circles embedded in them.

edited November 2023

Example render from Unity

PlanetMurtrium01un01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 97K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2023

Planet Korvan 4k in Unity

PlanetKorvan4k01pic03.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 111K
    Post edited by Artini on