If anyone needs me

Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

My deviantart account and webcomic are listed. I've had enough.

Comments

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854

Enough of what? Hanging out on the forum or rendering?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Enough what?... I've had enough pudding... I finally tracked down an institutional size pudding can... Three pounds of pudding... I finished it off two days ago and now I've had enough pudding for a while... Besides... It was low fat... What the hell is the point of pudding if it is low fat?

Are you leaving?... Don't leave... Or do... I don't know why you are leaving... Was it the DAZ Killbots I've been mentioning a lot lately? They are only in a couple of the parallel universes, and only one is near enough to ours and the Killbots won't go active for eight more years... That's plenty of time to do stuff and party like its 1999... 1999 really sucked actually... My dog died, my old Dodge caught on fire while I was driving it... I mean it REALLY caught on fire... Like snoopy going down in flames after the Red Baron shot him down, on fire... I busted my ankle too that year... 1999 wasn't a good year... Maybe party like it was 1989... That wasn't a bad year... Well, unless you were Emperor Hirohito of Japan... He died that year... So I don't think it was that great a year for him... I suppose most years are bad or good... Just party like its your favorite year.

You've probably had enough of this post... But it's not over yet... It could be... For the low, low price of $9.99 plus a one time $5.01 filing fee, I can end this comment in a timely manner. Ah, who am I kidding... I never stop writing before I've exceeded most people's interest range...

Usually when most people post a statement like that, they are sick of this place... Or angry... Or fleeing from a crime... You probably wouldn't have left an address if it was the last one.

Well, whatever it was that drove you away, I hope it didn't cause any permanent harm... We will miss your happy looking, smiling avatar for as long as we can remember it, which probably won't be that long because we are all very easily distracted by shiny new stuff and loud noises.

Good luck, may the wind always be to your back, unless you are really gassy, but other than that may it always be to your back and may the road ahead be a pleasant one entirely free of wolves and stray circus lions and mimes... I hate mimes.

Good luck.

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,854
    McGyver said:

That's plenty of time to do stuff and party like its 1999... 1999 really sucked actually...

Outside of tech everything else in society has pretty much sucked sometime after 1989. LOL!

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

i wondered why your leaving too, I see several of your last posts in the iray render thread are edited to no comment...soory you are not happy here

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,560
    edited November 2015

Do exactly what you told me - take a break. Half of this forum is running around here with tinfoil hats on over Studio 4.9 and the other half are yelling about DAZ's perceived lack of male content as sexual discrimination. This is a good time for a break.  ;)

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • @nDelphi

you talked about your site CGI Babes in another thread,

Could you please tell me where it is?

thx

• My deviantart account and webcomic are listed. I've had enough.

hahaha, I did the same attitude on this forum like 4-5 times and you know what?, IM ALWAYS RETURNING.

it's impossible to get rid of this forum, and I know you are reading this, do like you want, but you will return, proved.

• Yes I went through the same thing a month ago, stopped posting, only helped people by PM after getting too many emails about forum behaviour,  

I accepted finally things have changed and now mostly post on only technical stuff I need help with or can help with avoiding OT subjects or product discussion.

only posting here as you were one I PM'd so are aware of my feelings too and why I understand yours.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,461
    edited November 2015

Don't know why you've decided to leave, but I understand it happens.  Happened to me a couple times.  I'd go off and boil a few eggs on my head and spit fireballs at strangers on the street but eventually I came to realize that I missed this place.  So I'd come back and just make two changes:  1) lower my expectations that everybody thinks like I do, and 2) step more carefully on the fence between humor and bile.

And rather than put people who irritate me onto my "Ignore list" I print copies of their avatar and pin them to my corkboard as convenient landing places for spare pins.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • JennKJennK Posts: 834

I understand you are needing a break. I hope you come back when things settle down. you will be missed. I don't post much for the same reason you are taking a break.

• Jan19Jan19 Posts: 1,109
    edited November 2015

At least you don't put your foot in your mouth all the time, Will, like I do. blush​  I spend half my life it seems, trying to pry my toes out of my throat.

Post edited by Jan19 on
  • luci45luci45 Posts: 2,738

LOL, some great responses. You will be missed,  timmins.william. You always had a lot of good comments and renders. I haope you will be back. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,970

I'll linger, if nothing else for the practical issue of this being pretty much the only place to get questions answered about stuff. But this place doesn't feel friendly to me.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511

I know what you mean timmins. but yes this is the only place we have a decent chance of getting help. But I agree with what some others have said.

Breaks aren't bad, I do that a ton. Most years I spend more time away. 

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,127

every forum on the internet has it's "special" members.
    I wouldn't let them get to you Will.

I like reading your posts as well, you've had some good ideas.

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

Animo Will. Definitely some of us will miss you.

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

To quote 38-Special... "Hold on loosely, but don't let go."  :D  Hang out, lurk, drop a few cents here and there, and don't let it get under your skin.  If there's something you're passionate about, there's undoubtedly someone else who feels passionate about its opposite.  Relish your own passions and don't worry about what other people think. I hope you'll still linger in some capacity!

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,717
    icecrmn said:

+1

Don't let them get you down, glad you'll be hanging around.

• DustRider said:
    icecrmn said:

+1

Don't let them get you down, glad you'll be hanging around.

+2

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,128

I'll linger, if nothing else for the practical issue of this being pretty much the only place to get questions answered about stuff. But this place doesn't feel friendly to me.

I've enjoyed the bulk of your posts even if I've never said so. Just remember illigetimi non carborundum.

• namffuak said:

illigetimi non carborundum.

Say What !

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

namffuak said:

Say What !

The unlawful are not silicon carbide, apparently.

cheeky

Whatever it means, don't worry...just don't let the bastards grind you down.

--  Morgan

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631
    McGyver said:

Enough what?... I've had enough pudding... I finally tracked down an institutional size pudding can... Three pounds of pudding... I finished it off two days ago and now I've had enough pudding for a while... Besides... It was low fat... What the hell is the point of pudding if it is low fat?

Are you leaving?... Don't leave... Or do... I don't know why you are leaving... Was it the DAZ Killbots I've been mentioning a lot lately? They are only in a couple of the parallel universes, and only one is near enough to ours and the Killbots won't go active for eight more years... That's plenty of time to do stuff and party like its 1999... 1999 really sucked actually... My dog died, my old Dodge caught on fire while I was driving it... I mean it REALLY caught on fire... Like snoopy going down in flames after the Red Baron shot him down, on fire... I busted my ankle too that year... 1999 wasn't a good year... Maybe party like it was 1989... That wasn't a bad year... Well, unless you were Emperor Hirohito of Japan... He died that year... So I don't think it was that great a year for him... I suppose most years are bad or good... Just party like its your favorite year.

You've probably had enough of this post... But it's not over yet... It could be... For the low, low price of $9.99 plus a one time $5.01 filing fee, I can end this comment in a timely manner. Ah, who am I kidding... I never stop writing before I've exceeded most people's interest range...

Usually when most people post a statement like that, they are sick of this place... Or angry... Or fleeing from a crime... You probably wouldn't have left an address if it was the last one.

Well, whatever it was that drove you away, I hope it didn't cause any permanent harm... We will miss your happy looking, smiling avatar for as long as we can remember it, which probably won't be that long because we are all very easily distracted by shiny new stuff and loud noises.

Good luck, may the wind always be to your back, unless you are really gassy, but other than that may it always be to your back and may the road ahead be a pleasant one entirely free of wolves and stray circus lions and mimes... I hate mimes.

Good luck.

love your posts

did i already say that

and about  "not always friendly", willbear

the mods or users ?

and you are always friendly ?

i hope not

to much "friendly" in this forum

take it like a wet dog and shake it away

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,128
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

namffuak said:

Say What !

cheeky

--  Morgan

Exactly.

• morkmork Posts: 278

I hope it's not because of my post in the realistic renders thread, there is some coincidence in timing that made me think. Before you take a break, let me tell you that I really love your In Memorian poster render. Can't express why, with my limited english words, but it has something that catches me. And it made me think about rendering androids, which could be a perfect blend between realism and fiction.
    Don't let life and people get you down. Life is a b**ch, if it bites you, bite it back. :)

@McGyver
    Read two posts of yours yesterday, laughed my ass off several times, had a good reference to D&D. 10/10, would read again. :D

• CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

namffuak said:

Say What !

cheeky

--  Morgan

Yes I had no idea  what it meant !

• I'll linger, if nothing else for the practical issue of this being pretty much the only place to get questions answered about stuff. But this place doesn't feel friendly to me.

Don't go too far, Will.  I have kind of liked our last few conversations on the various threads.  I'm sorry if the forums are getting to you. 

• tl155180tl155180 Posts: 994

I'm glad you're not leaving completely Will. You're a very helpful chap and I'd miss your sage advice if you were gone laugh.

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

Don't let whoever is bugging you, get to you. Ignore them, they are not worth it.  Will miss your posts.  Stay around.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167

images.png
    208 x 243 - 6K