Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.1.136! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,990

Saxa -- SD said:

battfield said:

Since the latest version, the Iray preview has been freezing repeatedly, making it difficult to operate.
    This means that the Iray preview is of no use to us.

GPU RTX3070

CPU amd ryzen 7 5700x

Driver ver546.33

Had similar problems with 546.29.  Reinstalled 546.17 and issue is pretty much non-existent.

Are\were you using the Studio or Desktop version of the driver?

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

DoctorJellybean said:

Saxa -- SD said:

battfield said:

Since the latest version, the Iray preview has been freezing repeatedly, making it difficult to operate.
    This means that the Iray preview is of no use to us.

GPU RTX3070

CPU amd ryzen 7 5700x

Driver ver546.33

Had similar problems with 546.29.  Reinstalled 546.17 and issue is pretty much non-existent.

Are\were you using the Studio or Desktop version of the driver?

am a gamer too, so use Desktop version

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

even with 546.17, should add for completeness, i do not let VP renders reach 100% so that it auto-shuts off. Use VP to find angle-lighting and then iray-render.

if get busy and leave VP on so it completes, it could disable VP too. With newer nvidia driver versions even after a a successful Render and switch to VP which was already on and then VP doesn't even restart.  Had to scene reload.  At least with 546.17 it's picking up with the way am using.

• Until 4,21 I have worked with Windows 7 on a desktop worktation and when I installed 4.22.0.15 I suddenly have got purple renders.Another installation on a Windows 10 laptop did work nice but the facetransfer 2 had warning message ... "failed to load the base material preset. the image will still transfer but with reduced quality"... but did continue to create the face transfer at the end with watermark. I decided to upgradefrom Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit and it did took its time and it was frustrating to see, how Studio crashes immedately when a face-picture is loaded on a Genesis 9 figurre, (Genesis 8 is still working well...) Searching forums and installing 4.22.1.41 beta crashes also immediately with male and female faces. XEON W3580, RTX 3060, Nvidia driver 546.33 and here is only a few warning messages on start up, which are probably not causing the crash with Genesisi 9 figure... Is there a remedy... (crash-report attached...)

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_240107-084158.zip
  • gramgram Posts: 14

No issues with iray previews  freezing with 546.33 drivers on 4090 for me; I have iray preview running constantly, and hasnt frozen once.

I have 12sec max render time and post denoiser enabled.

• huelya_keskin said:

Until 4,21 I have worked with Windows 7 on a desktop worktation and when I installed 4.22.0.15 I suddenly have got purple renders.

Update your Flipmode environent sets.

Another installation on a Windows 10 laptop did work nice but the facetransfer 2 had warning message ... "failed to load the base material preset. the image will still transfer but with reduced quality"... but did continue to create the face transfer at the end with watermark.

Update Genesis 9 Starter Essentials

I decided to upgradefrom Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit and it did took its time and it was frustrating to see, how Studio crashes immedately when a face-picture is loaded on a Genesis 9 figurre, (Genesis 8 is still working well...) Searching forums and installing 4.22.1.41 beta crashes also immediately with male and female faces. XEON W3580, RTX 3060, Nvidia driver 546.33 and here is only a few warning messages on start up, which are probably not causing the crash with Genesisi 9 figure... Is there a remedy... (crash-report attached...)

• huelya_keskinhuelya_keskin Posts: 7
    edited January 12

Richard Haseltine said:

huelya_keskin said:

Until 4,21 I have worked with Windows 7 on a desktop worktation and when I installed 4.22.0.15 I suddenly have got purple renders.

Update your Flipmode environent sets.

Another installation on a Windows 10 laptop did work nice but the facetransfer 2 had warning message ... "failed to load the base material preset. the image will still transfer but with reduced quality"... but did continue to create the face transfer at the end with watermark.

Update Genesis 9 Starter Essentials

I decided to upgradefrom Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit and it did took its time and it was frustrating to see, how Studio crashes immedately when a face-picture is loaded on a Genesis 9 figurre, (Genesis 8 is still working well...) Searching forums and installing 4.22.1.41 beta crashes also immediately with male and female faces. XEON W3580, RTX 3060, Nvidia driver 546.33 and here is only a few warning messages on start up, which are probably not causing the crash with Genesisi 9 figure... Is there a remedy... (crash-report attached...)

Do I have to install all essentials into the same directory nearest to Studio 4 folder...? Now I have especially sorted all genesis starters into a seperate directory and added this into the studio. Some other clothing and figures are somewhere else on a different HDD... This is pobably not the problem, as all locations will be seen from the Studio content library...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Flipmode environment set update was probably a remedy for "magenta-renders" with windows7, which at least has disappeared with windows10 upgrade. G9 essentails is probably most up to date, which is downloaded recently in January and I have also downloaded pro beta 4.22.1.54 and I get still an immediate crash after genesis 9 is loaded and when I will generate a face with FT2. To generate a new face from scratch and select G9 takes a short time and it crashes again when the step has approached shapes and textures. Attached is log file, whee "xxxxx" is the location before facetransfer 2 is selected.I will be glad, if You will have a hint to overcome this curious crash with G9.

zip
    zip
    log.zip
  • huelya_keskin said:

Flipmode environment set update was probably a remedy for "magenta-renders" with windows7, which at least has disappeared with windows10 upgrade. G9 essentails is probably most up to date, which is downloaded recently in January and I have also downloaded pro beta 4.22.1.54 and I get still an immediate crash after genesis 9 is loaded and when I will generate a face with FT2. To generate a new face from scratch and select G9 takes a short time and it crashes again when the step has approached shapes and textures. Attached is log file, whee "xxxxx" is the location before facetransfer 2 is selected.I will be glad, if You will have a hint to overcome this curious crash with G9.

It may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the Genesis 9 Starter essentials, though I don't think it would hurt to have older files in this case. The last entry in the log is projecting morphs into the clothing - do you get a crash with a nude, hairless figure? Might be as well to remove the eyes, mouth and other add-ons too (or use the DevLoad version of the figure).

• vzxvzx Posts: 8

After updating to 4.22.1.54, the mouse cursor now disappears when changing the value by dragging the parameter. (Windows)

It seems to always occur when operating Max Samples etc.

Is the Render Target attribute saved in the Render Setting Preset? Even if I load the preset, there is no change.

• Richard Haseltine said:

huelya_keskin said:

Flipmode environment set update was probably a remedy for "magenta-renders" with windows7, which at least has disappeared with windows10 upgrade. G9 essentails is probably most up to date, which is downloaded recently in January and I have also downloaded pro beta 4.22.1.54 and I get still an immediate crash after genesis 9 is loaded and when I will generate a face with FT2. To generate a new face from scratch and select G9 takes a short time and it crashes again when the step has approached shapes and textures. Attached is log file, whee "xxxxx" is the location before facetransfer 2 is selected.I will be glad, if You will have a hint to overcome this curious crash with G9.

It may be worth uninstalling and reinstalling the Genesis 9 Starter essentials, though I don't think it would hurt to have older files in this case. The last entry in the log is projecting morphs into the clothing - do you get a crash with a nude, hairless figure? Might be as well to remove the eyes, mouth and other add-ons too (or use the DevLoad version of the figure).

I have tried to completely remove Daz Studiorelated environment on the newly win10 upgraded computer and deleted basic library and did run registery cleaner so all DS entries are gone. A fresh manual instalation of 4.22.0.15 directly onto C:/DAZ 3D... (and not in Program Files...) and only Genesis 8 and Genesis 9 starter essentials (newest versions...) as working library without any other library makes exactly the same sort of crash when the step "generating shapes and textures for G9 will start. I have selected nude grey G9 genderless body, deleted eyelashes, tear, eyes, mouth, eyebrows, loaded a stock female face photo, select gender-female and base-auto, face transfer askes replace on selected, and after a few seconds it crashes.The reason of fatal error to cloase is mentioned as... DAZStudio.exe caused ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION in module "C:\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\avatar_sdk_metaperson_daz3d.dll" at 0033:00000000D83E76BB, avatar_sdk_metaperson_daz3d::setLoggingFile()+211515 byte(s)... Textured nude character Amala G9 without eyelashes, tear, eyes, mouth, eyebrows crashes with exactly the same error... Although I have assumed, I have deleted everything from the computer (incl DAZ 3D folder in user and public and documents etc...) it was curious the frest start of newly installed DS did still know the previous content tabs locations. (The external HDD was off, so these contents were not loaded...) Thus will mean, DS remembers some details of the previous installations perhaps from an INI file...? This problem happens on a Fujitsu desktop workstation. Identical steps were done on another laptop wokstation and it creates faces without a problem (but of course with watermark...) ??? Highly curious, isn't it...:)

• Very odd, yes - it sounds like some highly system-specific quirk, though that isn't much comfort when it is the system you want to use that has the quirk. I am not sure what that .dll is for - it isn't in the plugins folder, where I would expect most add-on (and even core elements) to reside though it does sound related to Face Transfer. Are any of the core elements of the machine customised by/for Fujitsu, as far as you can tell?

• OK, it is the 3rd party library used by Face Transfer - but it is still a mystery that it is creashing on your main system.

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 745

vzx said:

Is the Render Target attribute saved in the Render Setting Preset?

No.  It's saved in the system settings for the particular instance of DAZ Studio that you run.  If you run "instances" it isn't saved at all because the saved value is deleted when you start an instance.  Same for everything else in that sub-tab and several other sub-tabs in the "Render Settings" top level tab.

• huelya_keskinhuelya_keskin Posts: 7
    edited January 15

Richard Haseltine said:

Very odd, yes - it sounds like some highly system-specific quirk, though that isn't much comfort when it is the system you want to use that has the quirk. I am not sure what that .dll is for - it isn't in the plugins folder, where I would expect most add-on (and even core elements) to reside though it does sound related to Face Transfer. Are any of the core elements of the machine customised by/for Fujitsu, as far as you can tell?

Report after the busy weekend... SSD formatted, Fujitsu desktop Workstation, 16GB RAM, XEON W3580, Windows 10 pro 64bit installed, activated, all drivers updated, RTX3060 has Studio driver 546.33. newest DIM installed. all necessary essentials and 4.22.0.15 downloadad via DIM and DIM installed to the locations, which the software has selected... No failures, no warnings, no problems with the softwre and hardware on log.file... A female biometric face downloaded... With a genesis 8 naked body from essentials the facetransfer is running and the result is acceptable, BUT... Genesis 9 genderless, hairless body from essentials is still crashing when facetransfer is invoked... I think, currently my knowledge with computer related steps is exhausted. (There is also another Fujitsu but with a little slower processor and I will beg (!) the user to let me install 4.22 and check with it soon... ) Else, from time to time, I will check driver updates and await the next public release (as current beta's behaive similar...) and G9 essentials update and report the results... Most probably G9 structure invokes a crash due to hardware addressing on memory or processor... Very strange problem without logical solution... :) :) BTW... As I said before, everything is working fantastic on a Fujitsu laptop workstation without any issues... Have a nice time...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • 16GB isn'rt a lot of memory, but I don't think that would be enough to trigger such a specific crash. Unfortunately I am out of ideas to suggest.

• jbowler said:

vzx said:

Is the Render Target attribute saved in the Render Setting Preset?

No.  It's saved in the system settings for the particular instance of DAZ Studio that you run.  If you run "instances" it isn't saved at all because the saved value is deleted when you start an instance.  Same for everything else in that sub-tab and several other sub-tabs in the "Render Settings" top level tab.

See http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/tech_articles/command_line_options/application_instancing/start

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,229

I attmpted a Toon canvas render, following the instructions from rbtwhiz. The outline seems to be very pixelated, and even if I set I ray Object ID to 0,0,0,  the node is still outlined (eyebrows, for example)

Screenshot 2024-01-15 185146.jpg
    610 x 1013 - 104K
    G9 Toon Canvas Quant 4 red outline-Canvas1-PostToon.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 335K
  • Richard Haseltine said:

16GB isn'rt a lot of memory, but I don't think that would be enough to trigger such a specific crash. Unfortunately I am out of ideas to suggest.

Let us await the next upgrades of G9 essentials and Studio Public... Fujitsu needs very specific RAMs, I will try to demount some from another computer and try with 32GB soon and report... Thanks for all Your suggestions until now...

• AnitaLeeAnitaLee Posts: 41

Updated today, but luckily still had old version.  I started a render in update, after 4 hours not done.  Opened the same scene file in older version and rendered in 8 minutes,  What the heck!!!  That is not an update, that is a majot backwards step

AnitaLee said:

Updated today, but luckily still had old version.  I started a render in update, after 4 hours not done.  Opened the same scene file in older version and rendered in 8 minutes,  What the heck!!!  That is not an update, that is a majot backwards step

This is almost universally due to the user having an out of date NVIDIA graphics driver installed. Newer DS versions contain newer Iray versions, which require newer drivers. I don't see any rendering slowdown in DS 4.22.1.58 Public build (Beta) compared to the previous version. Update your driver. NVIDIA recommends the studio driver, not the game driver.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,933
    edited January 28

yay triplanar

hope I can use it (not looked yet)

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

barbult said:

AnitaLee said:

This is almost universally due to the user having an out of date NVIDIA graphics driver installed. Newer DS versions contain newer Iray versions, which require newer drivers. I don't see any rendering slowdown in DS 4.22.1.58 Public build (Beta) compared to the previous version. Update your driver. NVIDIA recommends the studio driver, not the game driver.

Oh good idea, I will try that

Yep, that did it, lol.  I should have thought of that

AnitaLee said:

Yep, that did it, lol.  I should have thought of that

I guess you owe the DS software developers an apology.wink You can edit your previous dramatic post.

I'm having trouble with the Ctrl+N (File/ New) in DS 4.22.1.58. It causing the main DS window to disappear and leaves DS process in Not Responding in Task Manager. I have to kill it in Task Manager. Sometimes it causes DS to crash to the desktop.

To Reproduce this problem:

1. Open DS 4.21.1.58
    2. Load Genesis 9
    3. Ctrl+R to render the Scene (Iray engine to new window)
    4. Do not save the render or close the render window.
    5. With the completed render window being the active window, click Ctrl+N to create a new scene
    6. When the dialog opens, select the first icon in the list to open the file for a new scene
    7. When it asks whether to save the current scene, click the No button.
    8. Daz Studio either crashes or the main window disappears, leaving the open render window with DS not responding in Task Manager.

I have attached two crash log zips. I'm not sure which version of DS this problem started in. I have been avoiding the whole Ctrl+N new file for weeks, because of how slow it is and the annoying advertising and store display. Today is the first time I've activated it in a long time. The result was beyond disappointing. Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_240117-172011.zip
    zip
    zip
    DAZStudio_error_report_240117-172814.zip
  • barbult said:

I'm having trouble with the Ctrl+N (File/ New) in DS 4.22.1.58. It causing the main DS window to disappear and leaves DS process in Not Responding in Task Manager. I have to kill it in Task Manager. Sometimes it causes DS to crash to the desktop.

1. Open DS 4.21.1.58
    2. Load Genesis 9
    5. With the completed render window being the active window, click Ctrl+N to create a new scene
    6. When the dialog opens, select the first icon in the list to open the file for a new scene
    8. Daz Studio either crashes or the main window disappears, leaving the open render window with DS not responding in Task Manager.

I have attached two crash log zips. I'm not sure which version of DS this problem started in. I have been avoiding the whole Ctrl+N new file for weeks, because of how slow it is and the annoying advertising and store display. Today is the first time I've activated it in a long time. The result was beyond disappointing. Can anyone else reproduce this problem?

I followed your steps and can't reproduce your problem.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

1. Open DS 4.21.1.58
    2. Load Genesis 9

I followed your steps and can't reproduce your problem.

I can't reproduce it either