Timeline tab height not adjustable after update.

After the latest update of DAZ the timeline tab became unnecessary high and it not adjustable any more - see the attachment.
It is not a major problem, but quite annoying to be honest. I always tried to keep the viewport as big as possible and the other tabs as small as possible. But now timeline takes a big part of the screen without any good reason.
As far as i am concerned the height and width of side tabs should be adjustable without any restrictions. Can you please fix this?
Or maybe i am missing something and it can be adjusted?

daz3d-screenshot.jpg
1920 x 1009 - 465K

Comments

• The pane is still adjustable, but it does have a minimum height. If you click its tab when it is active it will collapse down to just the tab in the pane well, which is true for pane groups.

• Thanks for your reply. But you mean collapsing the tab completely. It does work of course, but I was talking about minimum height indeed.
    When you work on an animation, collapsed timeline tab doesn't help you much, because you cannot even hit play button for instance.

So i refrase my question - is it possible to fix the minimum height, to make it as it was before the update? And what is the point of such a huge minimum height anyway? I don't see any advantages.

• I am told this was unintentional, so presumably it will be reverted at some stage in the fairly near future (in a Public Build)

• I hope also in Pro version. And thanks for looking into it!

• mariopirlo96 said:

I hope also in Pro version. And thanks for looking into it!

Public Build is the beta gthat (usually) comes before a geneal relase, it has nothing to do with Pro or not.

• I meant not public version as well. But ok, i see what you mean. I had the same issue with this pane in Public version before the general release.

• Richard Haseltine said:

I am told this was unintentional, so presumably it will be reverted at some stage in the fairly near future (in a Public Build)

Do we have an ETA for this?

It's extremely frustrating and counter productive for single screen users. Had I known, I wouldn't have "upgraded" ! And of course, no way to rollback...

timeline.png
    1810 x 264 - 105K
  • archphaeton said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I am told this was unintentional, so presumably it will be reverted at some stage in the fairly near future (in a Public Build)

Do we have an ETA for this?

It's extremely frustrating and counter productive for single screen users. Had I known, I wouldn't have "upgraded" ! And of course, no way to rollback...

No. Do bear in mind that this is a time of year when most companies allow their staff to go home, at least briefly.

• archphaetonarchphaeton Posts: 1

No. Do bear in mind that this is a time of year when most companies allow their staff to go home, at least briefly.

I made a new thread but it failed to post or something. 4.22 still has this issue. Is the Dev team unaware of it? 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,011

archphaeton said:

I made a new thread but it failed to post or something. 4.22 still has this issue. Is the Dev team unaware of it? 

They are aware of the issue, but that doesn't mean it is automatically at the top of the list of things to change - that decision has to be taken in light of what else needs to be done, whether that area of code is going to be worked on anyway, what the potential repurcussions are, and so on.

• archphaetonarchphaeton Posts: 1

Richard Haseltine said:

They are aware of the issue, but that doesn't mean it is automatically at the top of the list of things to change - 

That's fine but this seems to be a rather baffling issue, specially considering that we have no "official" way of downgrading our current version. Hopefully it won't take a whole year or more to sort this mayor eyesore out...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,011

archphaeton said:

Richard Haseltine said:

They are aware of the issue, but that doesn't mean it is automatically at the top of the list of things to change - 

That's fine but this seems to be a rather baffling issue, specially considering that we have no "official" way of downgrading our current version. Hopefully it won't take a whole year or more to sort this mayor eyesore out...

I don't believe that minimum size is dynamic, so its value needs to accomodate the Advanced view. And of course if that is the issue, then chnaging the behaviour of minimum size would bea  fairly deep UI change with potential impact on many other UI elements and processes - which might explain why chnaging it is not a simple and quick job. As I said, that isn't knowledge - just pointing out one possible explanatory complication