NoPokethrough plugin alpha version available for testing

124»

Comments

• I will be looking out for this too.

I never figured out the demo of VWD so was not so keen on that or its plugin but this I will certainly use a lot.

• Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 322

Nice Work!

Just checking;  when will Carrara NoPokeThrough plugin be available to buy?

• I hope to have a beta version available for Windowsby the end of the month. I still have the Mac version to compile (at least, I've bought the mac now, just need some time :-) ).

I've added plenty of features since the alpha, thus the delay.

I'm now running a serie of test which will be used also as tutorial and demo. I'm correcting on the fly mior bugs, and it takes a little time.

• Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 322
    Philemo said:

I hope to have a beta version available for Windowsby the end of the month. I still have the Mac version to compile (at least, I've bought the mac now, just need some time :-) ).

I'm now running a serie of test which will be used also as tutorial and demo. I'm correcting on the fly mior bugs, and it takes a little time.

Nice!!!!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Philemo said:

Philemo said:

I hope to have a beta version available for Windowsby the end of the month. I still have the Mac version to compile (at least, I've bought the mac now, just need some time :-) ).

great news once more thank you

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    head wax said:
    Philemo said:

Philemo said:

great news once more thank you

+1! yes

Hi Philemo, really looking forward to this!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

yep... hopefully today yes

Philemo said:

• Stezza said:

yep... hopefully today yes

More likely end of next week (or the following one).

One of the main feature added since the alpha is a pseudo-conforming mode. Each vertex of the cloth attachs itself to one or more of the closest facets of the figure. The result is a cloth wich conform to morphs (autofit) and moves (conforming) without needed to be attached to a skeleton and weighted. I think blender clothing work in  similar way.

Everything was working fine until I discovered that full body morphs (at least for V4) where changing the number of facets, that some points were kept in reserve and used or not, that kind of stuff that make getting some reference to cling to very difficult. So, I'm struggling to find a way that allow to solve this point without sacrificing what's working.

As soon as I have something stable working, I'll release a version.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

That all sounds very cool!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Anticipation!  You are making me wait.  Looking forward to this.  Thanks for continuing to support C.

• So jumping miles ahead... Does that mean we'll be able to take an outfit made for V7, debone it, and simply "attach" it to similarly clothed V4 using your plugin and away we go? If that's the case that's going to be amazing!!! 

Would we be able to animate vertex hair in VWD and then "attach" other vertex hair models that would then just follow the animated model and not have to run new simulations for each different hair model we try? Ok, I'm probably getting a little carried away now. laugh

thanks again Philemo :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

I just want the smoothing collision solution  it offers like DAZ studio has, anything more and one would buy the dynamic solutions.

It will help with Poser and D|S  optitex imports too though as they often are a bit out.

head wax said:

thanks again Philemo :)

+1 heart angel

are we there yet? 

all gutt tings come to those that weight

looking forward to this :)

Ima weighting cool

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

while I now own VWD and the plugins I still would love this so please yes

• Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175

I don't know what to do with this plugin. It has become too complex and there is a lot of bugs. It's nowhere near commercial quality. I had a private beta and the bug list is so long it's depressing. Add to this sad state of affair that I have only a little time to work on it. I'm not able to spend more than an hour a day (working day, I do that in my lunch break) on such projects and I've been working on it for more than a year.

I'll think about it, but I'm very tempted to release it as-is. It works most of the time, only not every time.

I need to work on two other projects in the meantime, one of which is almost completed and I'll go back to it afterwards.

thanks for the headsup Philemo! I'm sorry it's not working out without a lot of work - I'm sure it will keep us very happy at its present state mind you :)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Thanks for the update, sorry it's not going as well as you might hope.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

We are Carrarians... we'll try anything!!  heart Silene

a quasi-plugin .... love it yes

Philemo_Carrara said:

I don't know what to do with this plugin. It has become too complex and there is a lot of bugs. It's nowhere near commercial quality. I had a private beta and the bug list is so long it's depressing. Add to this sad state of affair that I have only a little time to work on it. I'm not able to spend more than an hour a day (working day, I do that in my lunch break) on such projects and I've been working on it for more than a year.

I'll think about it, but I'm very tempted to release it as-is. It works most of the time, only not every time.

I need to work on two other projects in the meantime, one of which is almost completed and I'll go back to it afterwards.

Hi Philemo - I often wondered how you were doing with this? It's an amazing tool to have!