how can I move Vic4 into Blender?

I am trying to do some work with Vic4 wearing a skirt (in pic) in Blender and was told to select "everything" and move her as an .obj but how do you select everything to do this?

I want her to still be in the dress when I put her in Blender. How can I do this?

Thx.

Untitledhhhh.jpg
1280 x 1024 - 259K

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

You don't have to select anything, everything that is visible in the scene will export as a single object.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

The easiest way is to enable the Scene tab/pane.

Then you would select everything but V4 in the Scene and set it invisible.  Then select V4 and then File > Export, pick OBJ as the format, a location and name.  When the next box pops up select a scale and leave the rest of the options as default (you could change the Maps option to collect, if you need the items textured in Blender...it may be easier to do it if the maps are collected).  Then you repeat the process, hiding V4, for the dress.

This gives you two individual objects to import.

Now the key is, it doesn't really matter what you choose as the export scale, you just need to remember what it was, so that when you import it back into Studio, you use the same one (well it's 'partner' one).

Also in Blender, when you import, you need to make sure that you have the Keep Vertex order option enabled and Polygroups.

• irondogirondog Posts: 17
    edited December 2015

I find the easiest way is to use mcjTeleBlender. To set it up you have to install the DS script and a Blender plugin. The first time you run it you may have to fiddle with some settings but after that it is reduced to 2 button clicks. It exports all items in the scene as seperate objects and automatically imports them to Blender. You just hide anything you don't want to export.

Here is the forum thread: mcjTeleBlender

Post edited by irondog on
  • DrekkanDrekkan Posts: 458

Thanks people.