Tackyfeet Plugin Question

Hey guys,

I wanted to know wether or not anyone has bought this https://www.daz3d.com/tackyfeet-plugin, and can confirm or deny that you can use it on other figures, like dogs, horse and monsters, aside from aforementioned based on Genesis 3,8 and 9? I have watched the youtube videoes posted, but he only demonstrates it on genesis models and he isn't answering comments on his video.

regards,

Anti

Comments

• surrealsurreal Posts: 155
    Hi, as developer of TackyFeet I can provide some information. It can be used on other figures, HOWEVER you need to be aware of two issues relating to using it with quadrupeds(I.e. dog, horse, etc) 1. TackyFeet only does translation, based on position of the lowest of the selected nodes(e.g. feet). A walking dog usually has two feet touching the ground at the same time. TackyFeet will move(translate) the hip(or skeleton) to fix only the lowest in place. It can not fix both feet in place as that would require changing leg bone rotation. Depending on the animation you may observe some foot siding of the back lowest foot when the front foot is the lowest of the two (and vice versa). Thus for dog or horse animations I generally only select the front or back legs and accept that there maybe some footsliding of the other feet. Some animation sequences are better than others. 2. Uneven terrain. When a dog walks over an uneven terrain it rotates to keep two feet in contact with the ground. TackFeet can not do that. Thus when used on a dog walking over an uneven terrain only the lowest selected node is put in contact with the Terrain, the other feet will be above the terrain. Thus TackyFeet is not a solution to handle a dog or horse walking over uneven terrain. Hopefully this goes some way to answering your question. I am currently not able to attach images which may help clarify the above, but I should be able to in a couple of days.
  • gooHerogooHero Posts: 16

surreal said:

Hi, as developer of TackyFeet I can provide some information. It can be used on other figures, HOWEVER you need to be aware of two issues relating to using it with quadrupeds(I.e. dog, horse, etc) 1. TackyFeet only does translation, based on position of the lowest of the selected nodes(e.g. feet). A walking dog usually has two feet touching the ground at the same time. TackyFeet will move(translate) the hip(or skeleton) to fix only the lowest in place. It can not fix both feet in place as that would require changing leg bone rotation. Depending on the animation you may observe some foot siding of the back lowest foot when the front foot is the lowest of the two (and vice versa). Thus for dog or horse animations I generally only select the front or back legs and accept that there maybe some footsliding of the other feet. Some animation sequences are better than others. 2. Uneven terrain. When a dog walks over an uneven terrain it rotates to keep two feet in contact with the ground. TackFeet can not do that. Thus when used on a dog walking over an uneven terrain only the lowest selected node is put in contact with the Terrain, the other feet will be above the terrain. Thus TackyFeet is not a solution to handle a dog or horse walking over uneven terrain. Hopefully this goes some way to answering your question. I am currently not able to attach images which may help clarify the above, but I should be able to in a couple of days.

Excellent! Thank you very much for your answer; it is much appreciated! I have been battling with this for years now and think I will give the asset a shot!

kind regards,

anti

• surrealsurreal Posts: 155

I am now back in front of a large screen, much more functional than using a phone.

For those that may be interested, here are the images relating to issues 1&2, I mentioned above.

• First image is extract from TackyFeet's user manual regarding issue1. It shows TackyFeet pinning Dog8's LeftHindToes in place and movement of the RightFrontToes due to inaccuracy in the animation sequence.
    • Second snapshot image is from result of using "Automated"+MM+IncludeChildNodes with Dog8 and a walk animation, on an uneven terrain (issue2). It shows TackyFeet pinning Dog8's RightFrontToes to top of a TerrainRock, however it does not change figures rotation thus the other selected nodes are above the terrain.

With some animation sequences a variant of issue2 can occur even on flat terrain (e.g. zero plain). Where the figure's back feet do not touch the ground when the front feet are pinned in place. or vice versa
    Due to a front/back figure rotation biases within and animation sequence.
    TackyFeet is designed to assist you with removing sliding feet, it is not able to solve the multitude of other problems that can occur in animation sequences.

Link to product thread [Released] TackyFeet - Tools to remove feet sliding in animations

TackyFeet manual extract - Quadrupeds.jpg
    1638 x 1303 - 529K
    TackyFeet - Dog single node pinning 2.jpg
    2521 x 2026 - 665K
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,296

Oh bonus, can use on animals sorta lol...bookmarking.