For some reason my PC renders with the processor instead of the graphics card.

I have a 3060 with 12 GB of vram and 64 GB of ram but lately the processor has been rendering simple scenes to me, I already checked the Daz configuration and yet something similar happened to anyone? I'm afraid of burning out the processor

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,929

What is your nVidia driver version (right-click on Desktop>nVidia Control Panel)? Which version of daz Studio (Help>About Daz Studio)?

• 1. check your render settings and make sure your gpu is listed and has a check mark. Render settings(tab)>Advanced tab. If it's not, you probably need to update the driver.

2. Monitor your GPU vram utilization, might just be going over the 12GB, even with a 'simple' scene. GPU-Z, Nvidia SMI, or, depending on operating system, Task manager can be used to do this.

• You can also have a look into the logfile of DAZ studio (help -> troubleshooting -> view log file). If the VRAM memory is exhausted, the render will automatically switch to CPU rendering. I experienced this with a RTX 2070S with 8GB VRAM with render scenes which were also simple. Now I have upgraded to a graphics card with more VRAM, problem solved. I also guess, it is with the PBR shader and Genesis 9 maybe, that it needs more VRAM for renders.... but only guessing....

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 594

Did you recently upgrade to 4.22? I found scenes that fitted easily into my 3060 vram when using 4.21 were dropping to the CPU in 4.22. I reinstalled 4.21 and scenes fitted into vram again.