Syntax error

I apologise if this sounds too noobish or has been covered before. I accidentally deleted daz folder along with a folder I DID want to delete so I had to use a data recovery program to "save" stuff I had. I was then trying to open a pose I used to work on before I did a dumb thing. I am getting a Error reading a file, see the log and in the log it is Syntax error - expected '{' or '['. Is that because the file was deleted and is now unusable or can it be fixed?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Sounds like the file was only mostly recovered. 

If you know what set the pose is from, the simplest fix would be to just reinstall the set.

• Thanks for reply. I'm a bit lost now. What do you mean by set? Sorry, noob here indecision

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2015

Poses usually come in sets.  If this is a totally self made pose...it's probably going to have to be rebuilt.  Yes, the file can be edited, but it is unlikely that is the only error in it, if it was truncated.

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Ah, I see. Yes, it was a self made pose. Starting from scratch sucks lol I have no clue on editing the file. Still I apreciate your help!