Saving Image Size For Rendering

I was wondering if there was some way to save the Pixel sizes. A couple of weeks ago i created three custom sizes, 3000x3000, 4000x3000, and a size that looks like an image from a cell phone (I don't remember the settings for that). I saved all those sizes with custom names. I came back to the program today and the only thing left was the last one I used, the the saved name was gone. Any ideas on this? Do I need to keep a list of different sizes on a note pad so I can reset the sizes whenever I want to?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

The user custom Dimension Presets are stored in a file named: "dzrendersettingsdimensionspresets.dsx", under the path: %appdata%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\

After saving the presets, you better check this file by opening it with Notepad, and have a backup of it if really needed. Normally, you won't lose the custom presets if this dsx file is kept well.

• wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 713

Not sure if I know how to do this. But if I have to check with Notepad everytime I want to use a setting, I might as well just make notes for it on a sticky note.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Save them each as a Render Preset. Go to Content Library/Render Presets and Right click on each one and Create Custom Action which is at the bottom of the popup menu. Fill in the sections choosing your preferences and name and Accept. This will create the menu if you don't have it or save it to the menu. Now all you need to do to change the settings for your render is go up to the Script Menu, or the Favorites if that is the one you chose, and select the render settings you want loaded for the next render. I have several saved that way and it is simple to go up to the Script Menu, open it and scroll to the render settings I want and click to load them.