Convert Prop to Figure SCALE issue [Character Rigging]

I've brought a character over from Blender to Daz, and while the model seems fine, I'm encountering an issue when attempting to rig it within Daz.

I'm puzzled by the sudden shrinking of my character to near invisibility in the viewport when I convert the prop to a figure using Edit->Object->Rigging->ConvertToFigure->GeneralWeightMapping.

After conversion, my character appears to vanish, but it's actually reduced to an extremely tiny size, requiring a scale adjustment of over 9,000% to return to its original form. Additionally, the rotation is completely off, necessitating a -90 rotation on the X-axis. While this might seem manageable, I'm concerned it could adversely affect the rigging process.

The real challenge arises when trying to create a bone for the character using the Joint tool; the bone is too minuscule to see, even after scaling the character back to its original size. This renders the rigging process practically impossible due to visibility issues.

I suspect there may be crucial steps I'm overlooking during the character import process from Blender to Daz. If you require visual aids to grasp the problem better, I can provide them. However, I hope this description adequately conveys the issue for now. lastly, It is important to note that the character has no rig of its own when imported from Blender to Daz. It's just the mesh.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,672

I have never heard of that an object should change size when converting to figure.

Have you applied all scales in blender before export?

And which format are you using for export?

Obj is the commonly used. FBX and Collada support rigging, but I have no trust in Daz Studio import of those.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,926

Were there any scales or rotations applied before you did the rigging?

• eroguysenseieroguysensei Posts: 38

felis said:

I have never heard of that an object should change size when converting to figure.

Have you applied all scales in blender before export?

And which format are you using for export?

Obj is the commonly used. FBX and Collada support rigging, but I have no trust in Daz Studio import of those.

I was using FBX format. I didn't change any options in Blender when exporting the figure. Should I have done something like this?

I tried to export the figure as OBJ and to my surprise, the figure no longer broke after I converted it for Rigging in Daz. Now the bones are also normal size and I can start the rigging process. Thank you for your help.