Back to DAZ3D! Some questions regarding Genesis 9

I am back. So, some quick questions regarding Genesis 9:

1. Which are the best bundles for Genesis 9 regarding Michael and Victoria?

• Michael 9 HD Fantasy Mega Bundle
  • Victoria 9 HD Mega Bundle

2. Is the “Genesis 9 Essential Shapes Bundle” included in the bundles above or is it a separate one?

Thank you!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,172

As with previous generations, the standard morphs are separate from any character bundles. As for the best bundle, that will depend on your needs. If enough of the mega bundles appeal to you, then they're definitely worth getting, especially at the right price.

• FetitoFetito Posts: 481

Thank you for your answer. I just see that my old animation packs fro  "aniMate 2" do not work with Genesis 9. Is there a new animation package available?

With Genesis 8.1 "aniMate 2" works flawlessly.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,904

If you're okay with a little workaround that sounds like a lot of work but really takes at most five minutes, you can use aniblocks on G9 just fine, you just have to go through Blender. What you want to do is install the Diffeomorphic addon to get the characters into Blender. Then bring your G9 character into Blender through diffeo and just keep the base skeleton. You don't need clothes or anything, just the character.

Now in Daz, load up a G8 character (or G3 if the aniblock was for that generation) and apply your aniblock or animation. Save the aniblock to the timeline. Now, save this is a pose preset and make sure the time range or animation button is clicked. 

Now in Blender with the skeleton selected of your G9 character, go to the pose section of diffeo and import action. Find the pose preset you just made, but find the button that says convert and click it. In the drop down menu that appears, check G8 Male or Female (or if the aniblock was G3, check that one, you get the idea). Diffeo will convert the keyframes to fit your G9 character. Now, click save pose preset, make sure the correct frame range is written down and what framerate you want it in and hit save. 

Back in Daz, load your G9 character, file, merge and select the pose preset you just made in Blender and it'll work on the G9 character. If there's any foot sliding, there's the new tacky feet product that was just released that should be able to fix it. I bought it but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. 

Again, it seems like a lot of work, but once you get the workflow down, it's very quick.