Bake Joint Rotations problem with Genesis 9

Hey folks,

I'm trying to bake a Genesis 9 character into a t-pose to incorporate into an animation in Cinema 4D.  I adjust the arm and leg positions with the joint editor tool, but when I select "Bake Joint Rotations", everything in the head drops a bit, rendering the model unusable.  I've look around the forums and youtube, but I haven't found much information there or in the online documentation, and it seems to work fine with the Genesis 8 models. I'm just wondering if anyone knows where I'm going wrong; if there is a step I'm skipping, or if I'm just going about it incorrectly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Before:

After:

01 Before Bake Rotations.png
1914 x 1041 - 891K
02 After Bake Rotations.png
1918 x 1038 - 883K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

Bake Joint Rotations is not associated with the Joint Editor - Bake Joint rotations makes the current rotational transforms act as the zeroed pose, the Joint editor makes direct changes to the joints.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

You dialed a character morph or sth. before Baking joint rotations ? Try doing it on G9 Base figure before dialing any character morph.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Bake Joint Rotations is not associated with the Joint Editor - Bake Joint rotations makes the current rotational transforms act as the zeroed pose, the Joint editor makes direct changes to the joints.

Thank you for your response!  If my goal is to just only adjust the shoulder rotation to export a T-posed fbx character to Cinema 4D, is "Bake Joint Rotations" the incorrect method?  Once in C4D, it behaves exactly as needed, except for the adjusted facial elements.  If there was a way to only bake the shoulder rotations, and not the other joints, it would be perfect.  Thanks in advance!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

If it translates to the FBX (about which I am uncertain) Bake Rotations should be all you need, nothing from the Joint Editor itself.

• crosswind said:

You dialed a character morph or sth. before Baking joint rotations ? Try doing it on G9 Base figure before dialing any character morph.

That did it!  Once I set the generic shape and applied the "Bake rotations" to that, everything else worked great. Thank you!