When you move your arm, shifts to the side

Hey, everybody. I have a problem. Previously it was not like this, and then the limbs began to move differently.

I have an arm and I want to put it down.

But as soon as I click on any of the axes, it immediately changes its position.

Maybe I clicked something wrong? Or?

Снимок экрана 2024-03-12 231836.png
1480 x 841 - 154K
Снимок экрана 2024-03-12 231846.png
1482 x 830 - 167K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790
    edited March 13

I'm afraid you encountered that common issue - you actually "dragged it" (moved the mouse while hoding left mouse button) rather than simply clicked on it, while you didn't notice that.

To avoid such an issue, make sure you do not move your mouse when you click on a body part ( joint )...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • SARMATSARMAT Posts: 35

crosswind said:

I'm afraid you encountered that common issue - you actually "dragged it" (moved the mouse while hoding left mouse button) rather than simply clicked on it, while you didn't notice that.

To avoid such an issue, make sure you do not move your mouse when you click on a body part ( joint )...

I recorded a video. You can watch it at the link.

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/mlJyBSLJtmCxGg

Yes, it was the very issue that I mentioned above... An alternative: you can try with Active Pose tool - Alt Shift + P, which is easier to control.

• SARMATSARMAT Posts: 35

crosswind said:

Yes, it was the very issue that I mentioned above... An alternative: you can try with Active Pose tool - Alt Shift + P, which is easier to control.

What is remarkable is that this problem does not appear everywhere and not always. I can't figure out what the problem is.

edited March 14

DS has such a feature: with IK, you can drag to move a joint, then other joints will follow. The "issue" is that a subtle drag will also move the joint(s). So make sure you accurately click on a joint (with no drag...) if you just want to select it...

Or, you can press Ctrl + K to deactivate this feature, then nothing could be moved even if you drag a joint. Instead, use Active Pose tool with which you can tweak accuracy of movement as well as bone stiffness, etc...

Post edited by crosswind on