G9 issues when bending arms

Hi, after the latest Genesis 9 essential update, my G9 characters have a very odd issue. When using a pose where the arm bends, this is what happens. The issue was not there before the updates.

I have tried rotating the bones with very little luck and now I am hoping for a new updates, as I cannot use G9 with that issue.
Any ideas of how to fix?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

There was no change in the latest package in terms of joint or cbs... Better post a screenshot.

• cassandracassandra Posts: 28

Well, there have been several updates to G9 lately and I never had the issue before the updates, so I am pretty sure it is because of that. Also because it happens to EVERY G9 character I have tried with a bending arm pose.

It sure ain't normal with an elbow and arm looking like that.

screenshot.png
    319 x 258 - 72K
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,710

If your character looks normal when not posed, you have an unwanted JCM.

Try to enable hidden in parameters and click currently used. One of the morphs shown will be the culprit.

Thank you, I will try that. Just strange that it happened AFTER the updates.

I have now checked G9 base and several G9 characters. And they all have the issue. So the problem must be with the base.

And this is the newly installed G9 using one of the base poses.

Skjermbilde 2024-03-19 160448.png
    420 x 656 - 63K
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028

That means you installed a Genesis 9 character that wasn't saved correctly, and some of its correctives are being applied even when you aren't using the character. You can check in the parameters tab (right-click> preferences > show hidden properties), and, under currently used, check the names of the morphs triggered when the arm deforms. That should give you an idea of what character you'll need to uninstall to avoid the issue.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,076

Reisntalling the base won't have any effect on additional shapes or characters, if it did everything would have to be reinstalled after an update.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

FenixPhoenix said:

That means you installed a Genesis 9 character that wasn't saved correctly, and some of its correctives are being applied even when you aren't using the character. You can check in the parameters tab (right-click> preferences > show hidden properties), and, under currently used, check the names of the morphs triggered when the arm deforms. That should give you an idea of what character you'll need to uninstall to avoid the issue.

The corrective morphs may be hidden, so you need to "Show Hidden" to see them 

And that is the thing... I haven't installed any G9 characters for a long time!
    But thanks, will look into it again

FenixPhoenix - thank you, issue is solved. It was an G9 character - just like you said :)

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,028

cassandra said:

FenixPhoenix - thank you, issue is solved. It was an G9 character - just like you said :)

Glad that worked, cassandra. If the character was bought in this store, please submit a ticket so that the character can be fixed. If it's from another store, you could try reaching out to the vendor to see if they would fix the character. :)

cassandra said:

Glad that worked, cassandra. If the character was bought in this store, please submit a ticket so that the character can be fixed. If it's from another store, you could try reaching out to the vendor to see if they would fix the character. :)

Will do!