which hair comes free with g8m, g2f and geneses m and f?

VicSVicS Posts: 1,209
edited March 19 in Daz Studio Discussion

which hair comes free with g8m, g2f and geneses m and f?

if there is a free hair that coemes with m4 and v4 please let me know which ones those are too 

as for materials , aside from tyhat comes in daz uber are there any free materials, im looking for wood or concrete plaster or wall material

Im trying to make a file to send to someone so they can open it with no missing files but cant get an answer through the search which hair comes free with each character

Post edited by VicS on

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,158
    edited March 19

Try the store pages for Genesis 8 Starter Essentials (it says Toulouse hair for G8F and Armani hair for G8M - also lists the clothing included), the ReadMe for Genesis 2 Starter Essentials (apparently Toulouse hair again for G2F but nothing for G2M though they both get some clothes), and the ReadMe for Genesis Starter Essentials (apparently Aldora, Duke, Sally Mae and Wildmane hair and some clothing)

ETA: I don't think there were any included hair or clothes for M4 and V4 - but there are plenty of free ones around if you Google for them. Ditto free shader presets - lots on the web. As you say, some basic ones also come with Daz Studio via it's Default Resources.

Post edited by MelanieL on

If you use Smart Content and go in through the Products tab, you can open up the appropriate Starter Essentials product and if you stick to the hair and clothing listed there then your acquaintance will have the same.

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,209

ok thanks for the tip Melanie

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,869

well technically V4 and M4 both come with paiinted on hair and underwear by default 

edited March 20

yeah thats right

there is no genesis or g8 under smart content/products 

all thats there are soime of the things i bought but not base genesis g8 etc

can you ell me what the base clothes for genesis is, is it the same for both male and female, 

also can you tell me the name of the hair for genesis that comes freesince i couldnt find it-thanks

there is k4 basic wear which doesnt go to he body of genesis but can be fitted to it, it has materials too, does that come free with daz and something that should be in just about anyone's library?

Post edited by VicS on

VicS said:

yeah thats right

there is no genesis or g8 under smart content/products 

all thats there are soime of the things i bought but not base genesis g8 etc

can you ell me what the base clothes for genesis is, is it the same for both male and female, 

also can you tell me the name of the hair for genesis that comes freesince i couldnt find it-thanks

there is k4 basic wear which doesnt go to he body of genesis but can be fitted to it, it has materials too, does that come free with daz and something that should be in just about anyone's library?

a) Try typing "Essentials" into the filter box at the top of Smart Content - Products.
     If you are using Genesis base figures then those products must be there

b) Clothes for Genesis "1" - see the ReadMe (portion attached)

Capture-1.jpg
    578 x 612 - 95K
    edited March 20

If you really can't find the Starter Essentials in Smart Content, then go through the Content Library tab and for your main Daz Studio format library they will be found under:

People - Genesis - Clothing - [name of clothing} as attached from the ReadMe.

As long as you have the Genesis figure selected when you load the clothes they should be attached corrrectly?

Capture-2.jpg
    437 x 236 - 57K
    Capture-3.jpg
    357 x 81 - 18K
    Post edited by MelanieL on

thanks Melanie!