bend control for Genesis 9?

I was creating morphs for genesis 9 but when I flex my forearm this appears...the forearm breaks

I tried to correct it but it was worse... I don't know what to do

Captura de pantalla de 2024-03-21 09-29-45.png
1360 x 703 - 197K
Post edited by artistsbrushoftheworld on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

You're making muscular morph(s) on G9... so you still have to make corrective morphs (cbs) for bending joints while the muscular morph(s) are dialed.

The standard workflow: Show Hidden Properties in Parameters pane, you can find G9's default cbs for this forearm bend. Then make (with external sculpting software) and import corrective morph, and ERC Link it (Multiply, 2nd Stage) to the muscular morph in Property Hierarchy.

• crosswind said:

You're making muscular morph(s) on G9... so you still have to make corrective morphs (cbs) for bending joints while the muscular morph(s) are dialed.

The standard workflow: Show Hidden Properties in Parameters pane, you can find G9's default cbs for this forearm bend. Then make (with external sculpting software) and import corrective morph, and ERC Link it (Multiply, 2nd Stage) to the muscular morph in Property Hierarchy.

It seems to be more complicated than it seems... I already got confused and didn't understand anything hahaha 

edited March 21

Well, I show you a ref. case as the attached screenshot ~~~

SNAG-2024-3-21-0010.png
    2012 x 1399 - 511K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • edited March 21

I've been creating my own morphs... but they have problems when I do the poses.
    I try to be as photorealistic as possible but sometimes it's hard to understand.
    I would like to be a Daz artist one day, but I don't think it's possible for me.

Captura de pantalla de 2024-03-21 10-35-31.png
    766 x 591 - 140K
    Post edited by artistsbrushoftheworld on
  • crosswind said:

Well, I show you a ref. case as the attached screenshot ~~~

I tried several ways but I can't get it daz3d freezes and I have to start over

You're already good at sculpting with ZB, then you just need to learn how to bring in the morphs and well set them up in DS...

• crosswind said:

You're already good at sculpting with ZB, then you just need to learn how to bring in the morphs and well set them up in DS...

do you have tutorial? I try to paste the morph in Property Hierarchy but Daz Studio freezes... I don't know how to do this, I can't find any tutorials either. Nor is there Bend control to buy in the store.

edited March 21

There're quite a lot of related posts in the forum but it's not easy to search... Anyway, search on youtube first (e.g. search by "Daz property hierarchy"...)

Then what's your DS version ? Make sure it's up-to-date, especially when you play with G9...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • crosswind said:

There're quite a lot of related posts in the forum but it's not easy to search... Anyway, search on youtube first (e.g. search by "Daz property hierarchy"...)

Then what's your DS version ? Make sure it's up-to-date, especially when you play with G9...

I use an old version of daz because I use linux... I always have some freezes when I try to make zbrush moprhs

artistsbrushoftheworld said:

crosswind said:

I use an old version of daz because I use linux... I always have some freezes when I try to make zbrush moprhs

Ah... if so, I have no idea about that as I'm no Linux user. Sorry for that ~~ blush

• crosswind said:

artistsbrushoftheworld said:

crosswind said:

Ah... if so, I have no idea about that as I'm no Linux user. Sorry for that ~~ blush

Don't worry I just need to know more about property hierarchy, I tried to follow your image but... it didn't work for me...

• I found what I was looking

https://youtu.be/3HKdAkxpC2s

• New update.. I try to follow the tutorial but it seems that there is something wrong with my figure.. when I load the morph to correct the figure, this morph breaks.

Captura de pantalla de 2024-03-21 17-59-32.png
    613 x 540 - 122K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,085

Did you reverse deformations when reimporting the JCM?

I made an example in the attached screenshots for your ref.:

When importing corrective morph with MLP, you set "Yes" to Reverse Deformations, "Deltas Only" to Overwrite Existing. Then with Edit Mode, set ERC Links for the corrective morph (cbs) in Property Hierarchy. Remember to set Scalar value to -1 as this YRotate value on Left Forearm is negative...

SNAG-2024-3-22-0016.png
    2023 x 1318 - 482K
    SNAG-2024-3-22-0017.png
    2022 x 1314 - 424K
  •  

They should create a bend control product for Genesis 9, that is realistic and that the skin folds do not sink into the arm or leg