G8.1 Morphs visible in parameters but don't work

The morphs show in parameters but when you dial them - nothing happens.

The dumby files in female_8.1 are zipped up in data so it's not calling to them. Still the other g8F morphs don't work.

Help please.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

ColemanRugh said:

The morphs show in parameters but when you dial them - nothing happens.

The dumby files in female_8.1 are zipped up in data so it's not calling to them. Still the other g8F morphs don't work.

Help please.

That means, you still have the dummy files installed in another place.

Do you log in to Daz Studio?
    How do you install your content? 

• ColemanRughColemanRugh Posts: 511

Thank you PerttiA.

I have my content library on an external hard drive.

ColemanRugh said:

Thank you PerttiA.

I have my content library on an external hard drive.

But how do you install your content, do you use DIM or manual installation?

If you do log in to Daz Studio, you may have installed your content the second time with Daz Connect inside Daz Studio.
    Daz Connect uses completely different location for installing content.

Thank you for your help!

I work offline and don't use connect.

I just re-downloaded Genesis 8 essentials and G8 expressions still don't work.

I use DIM

It's working now.

Thank you PerttiA for your kind assistance and time :)

ColemanRugh said:

I just re-downloaded Genesis 8 essentials and G8 expressions still don't work.

Installing the starter essentials, installed the dummy files as well 

• I am having the same problem. I bought expressions that are supposed to be compatible with 8.1 and I can select them but nothing changes on the figure.

I use DIM for all installations.

Thanks

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path
    Note 2; Do not remove any files from "FACS" or "FACSExpressions" folders

• edited March 22

That was it. Thanks for the detailed info.

PerttiA said:

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path
    Note 2; Do not remove any files from "FACS" or "FACSExpressions" folders

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on