Nvidia Studio Driver

Can anybody confirm who is running the latest studio driver 551.86 has broke Iray rendering?

I tried a couple of scenes that worked fine earlier in the week before a driver update today.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,069

Several recent driers have been problematic, even though the Studio channel is supposed to be better tested. I try not to update far past the minimum required by Iray until I have to, but I realise that may not be an option for some people.

• I've been running DS 4.22.0.16 with Studio Driver 551.86 for a few days now.  Haven't seen anything peculiar, but I don't do complicated/particularly taxing scenes.  HP Omen 40L with RTX 3060.

Just ran the Iray benchmark (from the forum) and that looked fine.

Lee

• I had to update to play Horizon Forbidden West.  The weird thing is it acts like it's out of VRAM, but monitoring shows that's not the cause.  Eg, black screen if using Iray on Viewport, or checkerboard when trying to render.

I cannot see anything in the logs, but I'm sure it's related to today's update

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

weirdsciencex said:

The weird thing is it acts like it's out of VRAM, but monitoring shows that's not the cause.  Eg, black screen if using Iray on Viewport, or checkerboard when trying to render.

You cannot monitor running out of VRAM, but you can see it mentioned in the log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

• PerttiA said:

weirdsciencex said:

The weird thing is it acts like it's out of VRAM, but monitoring shows that's not the cause.  Eg, black screen if using Iray on Viewport, or checkerboard when trying to render.

You cannot monitor running out of VRAM, but you can see it mentioned in the log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

There are plenty of software that can monitor VRAM usage. 

Anyway, I used DDU and did a clean reinstall, which seems to have resolved the issue.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,525

weirdsciencex said:

PerttiA said:

weirdsciencex said:

There are plenty of software that can monitor VRAM usage. 

Those programs cannot monitor something that has not been used.

When rendering Iray, the geometry is first sent to VRAM, then the textures. If there was not enough VRAM left for the textures they will not be sent there.