save>sceneSubset = 5 minutes but in content library of another daz instance in ten seconds

Save subset at first glance happens quickly but then the hourglass appears and takes 3 or more minutes to clear. (this was from 4.21)
and yet the subset was in (and loadable) in 4.12 in ten seconds
Program and data drives are both m2s 

Comments

• alan bard newcomer said:

Save subset at first glance happens quickly but then the hourglass appears and takes 3 or more minutes to clear. (this was from 4.21)

First thing I would check if you have the file compression option turned on inside of DAZ. It's somewhere in the preferences menu. If you have any custom geomtery in the scene, saving it with compression turned on can take a while.

• mwasielewski1990 said:

alan bard newcomer said:

First thing I would check if you have the file compression option turned on inside of DAZ. It's somewhere in the preferences menu. If you have any custom geomtery in the scene, saving it with compression turned on can take a while.

Thanks. 
    I checked again... literally the save subset takes less than ten seconds and that includes putting it in the directory where another daz can access it and use it. 
    This is studio itself taking up to ten minutes to leave the hourglass mode (which it enters immediately after the little save window closes) and be available to work again. 
    ---
    And I did check and the subsets saves are not compressed but it looks like the upgrade to 422 (which I'm not using now) reset the scene save to compressed. 
    And that's always set to compressed because giving kudos where they are deserverd if Daz can't open a corrupted file it give us a line number and I've learned to fix the bad lines and recover the file (backups don't always help because the error takes place during the save. 
    At least the compressed ones aren't locked. 
    But now I will check the save times. But the save times are still much faster than the returning to the scene after saving a subset .  

• VisuimagVisuimag Posts: 551

Yeah, something happened with later DAZ versions. 

For example, 4.22.0.15 General Release deletes scenes/props in seconds, but anything after that version (BETA or otherwise)? For get it — and this is on top of the "Clearing Scene" issue that used to happen in seconds as well. Also, has anyone else noticed that if you turn on Edit Mode in the Parameters tab and then turn it back off, all of the "Gear" icons for sliders remain highlighted. It is a jarring bug as well.