Is my computer configuration too low? Recent frequent crashes

My most recent project was to render the scene with 4 characters all wearing clothes. More than 20 images have been rendered, and it is acceptable to crash once or twice in the middle. But every rendering in the last two days must crash, restart windows. I'm using a laptop with a 3060 graphics card and 6GB of memory. I don't know if it's because my program has a problem, or the operating system has a problem, or the hardware no longer supports me to do such a large scene?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Well, as for your case, I'm afraid that 6GB RAM is not enough, with which it frequently causes you DS crash if you manipulcate / render bigger scenes... You may try increase virtual memory to see if there's any improvement.

Better add more RAM to 32GB (more or less 3 times of VRAM)... or at least 16GB.

• KazeKaze Posts: 51

Laptops are going to be a little harder to upgrade Ram depending on the max capacity of Ram the laptop can support. Be sure to check the specs of your laptop before you buy the Ram. That would be a good place to start. If it isn't switching to CPU rendering then I am thinking you might have enough V Ram.