How do I make Daz install products on new SSD?

I’m running out of storage space for the products I’ve purchased on Daz, Renderosity, Renderhub, and CGBytes. I’ve recently purchased and installed another SSD with 1 terabyte of storage. Since I’ve installed most of the products I’ve purchased from Daz through the Install Manager, how do I get the Install Manager to install products onto my new drive? All of the other content I own I’ve purchased from Renderosity, Renderhub, and CGBytes. How do I install new third-party products into my library on my new drive? 

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,410
    edited April 4

This first step is completely (optional) if you save your zips and want to save them elsewhere to clear room from your SSD. Within DIM you can go to the cog wheel in the upper right side and click on it to select "Advanced Settings". Once open go to the downloads tab and edit "package archive" to whatever location you want the zips [saved] to. To change the location they get installed go to the "Installation" tab go to the bottom and click on the "+" in the bottom left corner and select your new location to install to. Be sure to select that path when you install products. You then need to go to DS and point it to the new location in the DS and Poser format sections. If you want to move what you already have installed to another location there is a bit more in the process. If you are looking to reorganize your library and just want a fresh start then just open DIM, go to the Installed tab, select everything, and then uninstall. Then just follow the steps above. If it were me I'd just move the folder, but I don't know how you have stuff set up and that's just a personal preference. Let us know if you just want to relocate the installed content folder and we can give directions on that.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Epic82Epic82 Posts: 126

frank0314 said:

This first step is completely (optional) if you save your zips and want to save them elsewhere to clear room from your SSD. Within DIM you can go to the cog wheel in the upper right side and click on it to select "Advanced Settings". Once open go to the downloads tab and edit "package archive" to whatever location you want the zips installed to. To change the location they get installed go to the "Installation" tab go to the bottom and click on the "+" in the bottom left corner and select your new location to install to. Be sure to select that path when you install products. You then need to go to DS and point it to the new location in the DS and Poser format sections. If you want to move what you already have installed to another location there is a bit more in the process. If you are looking to reorganize your library and just want a fresh start then just open DIM, go to the Installed tab, select everything, and then uninstall. Then just follow the steps above. If it were me I'd just move the folder, but I don't know how you have stuff set up and that's just a personal preference. Let us know if you just want to relocate the installed content folder and we can give directions on that.

Hello, frank0314. I think I just want to move the folder. I'd like to uninstall a few products in the DIM, possibly the largest ones, and reinstall them through the DIM on my new drive to free up some space on my old SSD. But I want to keep most of the products I own where they are. Also, what do I need to do to install third-party products, like those from Renderosity, to my new drive?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,049

Note that DIM, unlike DS, makes a record of exactly where the files were installed to - so if you move the folder DIM won't find the files to uninstall or update. You can choose the reinstall using current paths right-click option if you kept the zips, otherwise you would either need to edit the .dsx files in the Manifests folder or uninstall and reinstall through DIM.