Render not rendering on GPU

Hello,
so i got an Nvidea rtx 3060 yesterday and wanted to render some scenes but it wouldnt utilise my gpu unless it was using for retrieving data. I already tried restarting my pc, switching to an older driver and plan to try switching to DAZ studio 4.21 later today. I was also told by a friend it might be an incompatibility between my gpu (the rtx 3060) and my cpu (i think it was a ryten 5 3500) and i wanted to also ask here if anyone has idea to maybe fixing the issue.

goodbye

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,041

Which version of Daz Studio are you currently using? Which driver version (right-click on desktop>nVidia Control Panel)? How are you checking to see if the GPU is used - Task Manager does not, by default, show Iray's activity.

• Daz version is 4.22
    driver version was originally 552.12 (game version) and now is 546.01 (studio version)
    i check the usage of the gpu by changing one of the "view fields" of the gpu in task manager to cuda cores and it is mostly unused

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,041

No obvious issues there, but it might be worth rolling back to an older driver - 537.13 is the minimum version for the current version of Iray. Sometimes a newer driver will throw errors, and a number of people have reported issues.If you do try that choose the clean install option.

• Ok im gonna try it now

ill report back if it works which it hopefully does and if it doesnt ill do a clean install sometime later

• Ok im gonna try it now

Yea it still does not work i tried 537.13 and i did a clean install. i however did not get any errors it just didnt work and i have no clue what could be the problem

• so turns out that somehow the scenes i tried it on were the problem as i just tried it on a "newly" made (a couple of days ago) scene and now it works but not on the other ones. I am clueless, speachless and tired. so yea the only thing i can say/add is the file i just attached

Bild_2024-04-05_023049060.png
    980 x 540 - 148K