how to rig to v4

how to rig  to v4

the transfer utilty tool doesnt show v4 so i cannot rig the bra top to her, is there a way?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,019

The foruth gernation figues use the old Poser rigging, which uses parameters rather than weights directly applied to the mesh - falloff angles, lines projecting from the joint centre, where everything between two exclude lines is static, everything between two include lines moves, and everything between an include and an exclude line moves in proportion to its relative position; optionally, falloff spheres where there are two speheres with similar effects. Just copying the rigging is a start, but clothes will of course usually project beyond the body and so may not fall correctly with repsect to the angles or spheres. All you can do is copy the basic rigging, then hope you can adjust the paarmeters to get things moving as needed - this is why people were generally happy to get weight mapping with genesis and the newer Poser figures.

• warlordnikwarlordnik Posts: 25

Richard, it constantly amazes me how you're the be-all-end-all of all things DAZ related.  Tru guru on top of the mountru!

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481

You can convert V4 to general weight with edit > figure > rigging > convert figure to weight mapping. But again, V4 is very old technology, better using G1 with V4 content.

• VicSVicS Posts: 1,209

thanks Richard 

You can convert V4 to general weight with edit > figure > rigging > convert figure to weight mapping

once this is done what is the next step to try to rig clothes so they will conform to any new body shapes edited with the mesh grabber?

in this case I made v4's hips wider and they are poking through shorts and skirts now

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481
    edited April 7

I suppose the transfer utility will do, edit > figure > transfer utility, provided you get the morph to transfer. Anyway G1 gets clones for the main V4 figures. Again, instead of trying to add the genesis features to V4 you better use G1 with V4 content.

edit. The clones are in the base pack so you don't need the V4 shapes to fit V4 outfits to G1, but they're available if you want them with interesting mix features with the other G1 shapes, which will of course autofit as well.

https://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

https://www.daz3d.com/gen-4-iconic-shapes-for-genesis

Post edited by Padone on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019

You can make legacy clothing in D/S to fit on legacy figures. Need to have a blank figure .cr2 and make use of the Figure/Skeleton Pane for rigging. It's a lot of work and the results are not as satisfying as using Genesis [1] and making clothing to fit that. Said clothing will take on most character shapes that Genesis is dialed to including V4/M4 if one has purchased/installed said shapes which are available in the store.

I would use Genesis but all the skins are v4 and the face morphs m4s I like

Genesis already has the uvmaps for V4/M4.

For transferring morphs:  https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x2

To have the shape morphs: https://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

Both of these are older products and do come available at good sale prices every now and then.

I was thinking about that one but too complicated looking thanks though

i just wont edit v4 with the mesh grabber

Since, AFAIK, there is no way to "inject" morphs into legacy figures might want to either reconsider or just use it as is.

I know some say you can turn it into a weight mapped figure however that does not work on all systems. {couldn't get the file to open when I tried that years ago}

If you still have D/S3 Pro and the required scripts then you can make morphs for legacy figures in that. If you don't then don't worry about it as they are no longer available.

You can convert V4 to general weight with edit > figure > rigging > convert figure to weight mapping. 

I did try this with both options both times when m4 arm is moved the clothes do not follow it but stay in the zero position