Loading Morph From Blender to Gen 9 gives strange results

I've created a FBM in Blender that I'm now trying to use in DAZ Studio. It loads, but when I apply it I get a partly exploded result (see attached image)

I've used the process to make other morphs with no problem, so it must be something wrong with the particular model. Does anyone know what might cause this? 

I'm also attaching images of the import/export settings I've used, and which have worked for other morphs.

I'm using DS 4.22 and Blender 3.6. Blender 4+ no longer has the legacy object setting, and I haven't been able to import any morphs successfully from it. 

Thanks!

DAZ.png
923 x 931 - 91K
Export Daz.png
454 x 501 - 41K
Import Blender.png
240 x 595 - 27K
Export Blender.png
234 x 655 - 40K
Import Daz.png
467 x 570 - 38K

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793
    edited April 13

Starting from Blender 3.3..., we've been always suggesting using non-Legacy wavefront OBJ import / export... though Legacy way in some versions still worked as long as you gave them correct settings...

As a Blender user, I suggest you use Blender 4.0+ instead, and refer to the screenshots (1 - 3) that I posted in this thread to export / import morphs with MLP, etc. - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8654461/#Comment_8654461

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Hi, thanks for answering, Crosswind. I tried using the settings exactly as you described, and the same thing still happens. It's good to know the settings to use when going from Blender 4 to DAZ. Scale has never been an issue for me, though, and whatever is happening to my mesh is something else entirely. It's just so bizarre that the arms and legs are fine, but everything else is messed up. 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793
    edited April 14

The screenshots of imp/exp settings that I posted work for both importing OBJ and MLP. You better start it over from exporting the figure to Blender, sculpt it as needed, and import OBJ to DS as a delta morph with MLP.  It always works with no issue as long as you do each step correctly.

PS: And import OBJ with MLP by using the settings as the attached Ss. Pls refer to this short video I ever recorded for another folk before - https://mega.nz/file/WSpyECoI#BCtScFl9_iorVjFZZ5cLgKkDJ0Ti_iFXb2Us3kJyMmA

SNAG-2024-4-14 000.png
    656 x 641 - 45K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,250

adreacooper_c7d3371011 said:

Hi, thanks for answering, Crosswind. I tried using the settings exactly as you described, and the same thing still happens. It's good to know the settings to use when going from Blender 4 to DAZ. Scale has never been an issue for me, though, and whatever is happening to my mesh is something else entirely. It's just so bizarre that the arms and legs are fine, but everything else is messed up. 

you have done something to vertex order.  It is weird that vertex order would be preserved for parts of body and not other parts (assuming the morph loader pro settings you showed are what you actually did).  If vertex order was compromised during export from Daz or Import to Blender, then likely you would see issue for the entire figure, not just part of it.  So it might not be import/export issue. Instead, it might be the case that you did something after loading in Blender to change vert order.

There is a blender plugin from gumroad for restoring vertex order.  So you can use that plugin to take the normal geometry to restore vertex order.  Or just redo everything from scratch. Another method to avoid redoing the morphing in Blender, I think you might be able to load fresh undistorted Daz figure to blender, and then transfer your current shape as shapekey.