Nine Inch Nails Tee product ?

Hello

I saw this :

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/category/contemporary#image=1176769

The artist didn't answered my question on their Deviantart though, is this existing product ? Or did they just customize the texture ?

main.png
1810 x 2560 - 5M

Comments

• echristopherclarkechristopherclark Posts: 214
    edited April 13

My guess would be that they customized the t-shirt texture. Depending on the product, it can be fairly easy to grab a logo off of the web and then add it via something like Photoshop or Gimp to the texture. I once did something similar to recreate a NIN shirt and an old Voltron t-shirt, which you can kinda see in this old image. 

Robin Meets Michael FINAL.jpg
    2150 x 2687 - 3M
    Post edited by echristopherclark on
  • All of which is to say, hey, as huge NIN fan myself, I would be happy to help recreate the texture for you if you can figure out what that shirt is. 

• Hey, thanks for all your help :) I think the shirt is - actually I'm pretty sure it is this Gothy Punk 

I would REALLY love to have this texture, I have the tee in Wishlist for now (Waiting on a sale on it or at least next month's coupon ) 

• evacynevacyn Posts: 960

Another option would be a decal - not sure if you have any of KindredArts' decals (or any decals for that matter), but it's also super simple to just create your own by replacing the existing textures.

• I do have many products by KA but I don't think I have a "decal for clothing" one, which would it be ?

• tyra_oeildeloup said:

Hey, thanks for all your help :) I think the shirt is - actually I'm pretty sure it is this Gothy Punk 

I would REALLY love to have this texture, I have the tee in Wishlist for now (Waiting on a sale on it or at least next month's coupon ) 

Excellent. As it turns out, I own that product, so I should be able to whip something together.

• That's super nice of you :) Thanks again. 

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

It looks like you already have a solution on the way but to expand on the decal part - you can just use a normal iray decal to project a custom logo/design on the clothing. I've done that before. Pretty sure it was quite straight forward to do it from scratch.

There is a WP Guru video for more info:

• echristopherclarkechristopherclark Posts: 214
    edited April 14

I think the attached should work, once you're able to pick up the product.

Deleted for violating the EULA. Apologies.

Post edited by echristopherclark on
  • Thanks a lot, Echristopherclark for the texture and SofaCitizen for the video ! :) 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,581

echristopherclark said:

FYI, to share a texture you need to use the UV templates and create one from scratch, not edit an existing texture and post it on the forums, that is against the Eula

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,988

FSMCDesigns said:

echristopherclark said:

FYI, to share a texture you need to use the UV templates and create one from scratch, not edit an existing texture and post it on the forums, that is against the Eula

And  if  there is No Templats  +   then  the  correct proceduer is  ??    +  Thanx

• felisfelis Posts: 3,682

ed3D said:

FSMCDesigns said:

echristopherclark said:

And  if  there is No Templats  +   then  the  correct proceduer is  ??    +  Thanx

Daz Studio can show the UV template, by setting the viewport to UV-view.

But it is rather unprecise, so when I need a template I take it into a modeller and export the template from there.

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,635

echristopherclark said:

Deleted for violating the EULA. Apologies.

What you can do is to save a .png file, or a .psd file, of your addition and let the end-user add it to the texture map themselves in GIMP/Affinity Photo/Photoshop/etc. (although if they know how to do that, they could probably make this themselves). 

• Yeah, I'm done. I was trying to help a fellow user. I wasn't trying to make any money. I wasn't trying to steal anything from the artist. I was just trying to help. But I can see now that this isn't the place to do that.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,581

echristopherclark said:

Yeah, I'm done. I was trying to help a fellow user. I wasn't trying to make any money. I wasn't trying to steal anything from the artist. I was just trying to help. But I can see now that this isn't the place to do that.

This is completely the place to do that and it's nice you tried to help . Wrong is wrong, just bringing it to your attention.

And what if  One uses a texture  As a templet ( with-out copy any of it , Just for the Shape  ??  Thanx

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,001

ed3D said:

And what if  One uses a texture  As a templet ( with-out copy any of it , Just for the Shape  ??  Thanx

It would be risky, at best.

Richard Haseltine said:

ed3D said:

It would be risky, at best.

+  alrite then  +  thanx  +