SimTenero Randomizer

Okay, I feel like a total idiot. I bought the SimTenero Randomizer, got it installed, and can't figure out how to make it work. Help?

And I must be an extra special kind of idiot, because I can't find a way to search the forums. Only the store. *sigh*

Comments

• R25SR25S Posts: 595

I don`t find a way to search the forum, too... maybe there is no longer a way to search the forum.

You can find the randomizer in Utilities / Scripts

• R25S said:

You can find the randomizer in Utilities / Scripts

Thanks, but I know where it is. I just can't get it to work. All I get is "An error has occured. See log file for details." And the log file says "Failed to load script." Guess I'd better get to the help desk.

• You might ask here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/68252/simtenero-randomizer-omg#latest since the users there seem to be using it successfully.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

"Successfully" is  not completely right. There is NO documentation and some features do not seem to work like we think they should. But without documentation, who knows????

• The suggestion was to ask there since some people were finding results they like, they might be able to guide you as to what to do.  My understanding is that you select what you want to randomize.  One of my fellow PAs entered everything she had and that gave her too wide a range of things and the results were, not surprisingly to me, rather odd looking.  Start by adding just face shapes, then add in more things is the way that I would go.

Contact Daz through the ticket system and ask if the PA could provide some documentation.  Let them know you are not finding it understandable.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

The suggestion was to ask there since some people were finding results they like, they might be able to guide you as to what to do.  My understanding is that you select what you want to randomize.  One of my fellow PAs entered everything she had and that gave her too wide a range of things and the results were, not surprisingly to me, rather odd looking.  Start by adding just face shapes, then add in more things is the way that I would go.

Contact Daz through the ticket system and ask if the PA could provide some documentation.  Let them know you are not finding it understandable.

I will submit a ticket to the help desk.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited January 2016

I've been considering it, but the lack of instructions or response from the PA has decided for me; as useful as it sounds, I'll wait.

Wouldn't be so bad, but we can't return.

Post edited by nicstt on

Their isn`t anything you you need  instructions.

You only have to load a figure, than load the randomizer, select the morphs you like to use and start. It is like the Product Page say "Select groups of character morphs, or individual morphs, choose a range and hit the randomize button. Done! Random!"

It is very easy to use and it gives great results. I used it many times in the last days.

Function is similar to the Genesis Basic Female Randomizer or Character Randomizer for V4/M4 from 3D Universe.

Maybe something is wrong with the installation. Have you try a deinstall and reinstall?

• Oops, looks like people were responding while I was off being a grump. Still no luck. I can't get the script to load at all, and the help desk wasn't any help. All they suggested was uninstall and reinstall, which I did, and make sure I select a figure. Which I did. Still no luck. All I can get is an error, and after looking at the results other people have gotten, it makes me very unhappy. I just want to use the cool randomizer like everyone else!

Oh, well. Daz's big solution was for me to contact SimTenero. Hopefully I'll get a response, and everything will get fixed soon.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I decided to purchase it, and was going to return, I requested then changed my mind on what.

A couple of things could be easier (finding items in a potentially huge list) but it does what it says.

A great product.

• Woohoo! Problem solved. I had an issue with my version of Studio. Downloaded the beta, ran the script, and all is now well. Time to go play for a few minutes!