RSSY G8-G9 Clothes Converter not working correctly

wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 713

A while back I tried the clothes converter, trying to do the whole collection. My mistake. It took a lot longer than expected so I closed it down early. I did get several G8 clothers converted, though. But here's the problem. You can see I have a problem with posing skirts. The pic below shows an example of it. All my converted skirts do this. And, in the case with this dress, there's no option to pose the skirt into the sitting position. In fact, I have no way to raise the skirt. I tried selecting the skirt's pelvis area and tried using the Transisiton controls but no luck there.

Unless I can get some help figuring out the problem, it looks like I will have to spend a small fortune collecting G9 clothes and hair. (I'm also having problems converting the hair.)

Screenshot (146).png
1920 x 1080 - 504K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,684

If you are autofitting the skirt should be weighted to the legs.

If it is converted and it has custom bones, the custom bones should be maintained.

If it is built for dforce it might meant to be simulated.

How does the skirt work on the original generation?

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,790

Nah.... these converters are limited in terms of transferring / converting corrective morphs from G8 to G9... even auto-fitting is much better than these.

However, since this BOD dress is dForce ready, you can simulate it by using the option : Start Bones From Memorized Pose or using the timeline...

SNAG-2024-4-15 000.png
    2560 x 1392 - 885K
  • wildbillnashwildbillnash Posts: 713
    edited April 15

Usually when I try to simulate a dress that is intersecting another body part, it explodes.

Oh, something else. If the figure on the right is auto-fitting, then you can see a problem with the skirt that happens all the time. It gets tucked in the crotch area. There is another problem but I need to research it again before posting about it.

At least the pose and figure converter works okay.

Post edited by wildbillnash on

Okay, I think I got it. Just don't use the clothes converter and waste the money. Auto-fitting works decently. By the way, is there a way to delete the converted dresses and hair from the folders?

edited April 15

Well, yep and nope. I forgot about this problem. Shoes. Whether converted or auto-fitted, this is the results.

Any ideas?

Screenshot (147).png
    1920 x 1080 - 1020K
    Post edited by wildbillnash on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,002
    edited April 15

The PA has a ssupport thread, linked from the product files in DS. Please check that and use it to aska  follow up question if need be, rather thans tarting a new thread. Also move to Technical Help as it is a product question, not a Daz Studio question.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.