My auto fit list is missing some characters?

myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 578
edited April 16 in The Commons

Hi all

As it says above, I have some characters missing from the drop down list when I auto fit clothing.

When fitting V3 & V4 to G3F no problem, V3 & V4 show up in the list.

But when I try to auto fit V4 cothes to G8F only V3 shows up in the list. But no V4.

what am I missing?

I am using Daz stuio 4.21

Post edited by myotherworld on

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,351
    Have you ever acquired a V4 clone template for G8F? It doesn't have one by default (just back to G1, with male and female for the generations where they're separate).
  • myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 578
    edited April 16
    Sadly Don't have g1 m/f either
    Post edited by myotherworld on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,007

Clones (used by AutoFit) are figure specific - both the from figure and the to.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,351
    G1 didn't have separate M/F - it was androgynous like G9.
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,043

myotherworld said:

For Genesis figures before G8, Daz only included a clone for the previous figure (and the same generation opposite gender) in the base: G1 includes V4 and M4 clones, G2F has G1 and G2M clones, G3F has G2F and G3M clones, and so on. 
    To autofit clothes from another figure directly, eg V4 to G2F, you would have to purchase additional clones, or create them yourself.

Since G8, clones for all previous Genesis figures are included in the base. You still need to purchase clones (or create some) for earlier figures though.

You also need to purchase/create additional clones in order to go back to an earlier figure.

Judging by the figures you listed, I'd say you own  generation 3 and 4 "wear them all" products for G3, and the generation 3 clones for G8, but not the V4/M4 clones for G8 (or they're not installed).

For the record, Genesis 1 is a unisex figure, like G9. And Genesis starter essentials is free with DS, so you could install it if you want.

So I need where do I get clones to transfer V4 clothes to G8?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,043

Another option since you have a V4 clone for G3F: 

Autofit the V4 clothes to G3F, save the converted version as a new G3F asset, then use this tutorial to convert the G3F version to G8F: https://www.deviantart.com/sickleyield/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

many Thanks Leana.

I have been looking in the store but could not find anything.