Fatal Error still because of OOT Hair?

Hello,

After a very long time I used DAZ again, but after starting my 3rd picture, I got my first Fatal Error, kept trying, over and over again.
Until I noticed on YouTube something about OOT, also here on the forum.
But despite that, I keep having errors, very frustrating because I had an interesting story in mind.

I sadly don't have the budget to buy same new haircuts, so are there solutions?
It seems like an old problem.

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,622

It should be a fixed issue now - Have you definitely updated your OOT products?

Either way, the issue happens in a shared file so if all your OOT hairs are fully updated, try reinstalling the most recently-updated one as it may be that the last one you instaled has not been fixed and so a bad file is affecting them all.

If that doesn't work, the manual fix is to load the hair while in a non-iray preview and then go to the surfaces tab and remove the map from the "Transmitted Color" setting I believe. You do not need to buy any new hairs.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151

It does depend on the instalaltion method (Connect installs each products eparately, so it is a matter of which copy of the common file is found first) and whether the file exists in another content directory, in unupdated form.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,263

I had this problem come up again, even after updating all the OOT Hairbleding 2 products (okay, there were one or two that had not been updated). Turns out it was one of several Genesis 9 versions that were responsible, all released around the time the Iray problem surfaced (late 2022). How have they managed to elude being updated for almost a year and a half?

87257 Soft Curls Ponytail
    87363 Soft Curls Long Hair
    87383 Curly Top Updo Hair
    87502 Side Parted Long Bob Hair

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821

NorthOf45 said:

I had this problem come up again, even after updating all the OOT Hairbleding 2 products (okay, there were one or two that had not been updated). Turns out it was one of several Genesis 9 versions that were responsible, all released around the time the Iray problem surfaced (late 2022). How have they managed to elude being updated for almost a year and a half?

Check the surfaces on the hair to see if there's a texture in the image slot for Transmitted Color. If there is, remove it. It does nothing except cause Studio to crash. Hopefully, that will fix the issue.

vwrangler said:

NorthOf45 said:

Check the surfaces on the hair to see if there's a texture in the image slot for Transmitted Color. If there is, remove it. It does nothing except cause Studio to crash. Hopefully, that will fix the issue.

Oh, I know what the problem is and how to fix it, I was just wondering why these were never updated, but all the G3 and G8 products were done within a couple of months. (Replacing the shared shader file is the best way to correct it, you never have to fuss with the bitmaps, and avoids a crash if you ever forget).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151

NorthOf45 said:

Have you reported them, through a ticket? How do you install - using DIM, only one version of the shared file should exist and that will be from the last product installed.

Richard Haseltine said:

NorthOf45 said:

Have you reported them, through a ticket? How do you install - using DIM, only one version of the shared file should exist and that will be from the last product installed.

No, I have not reported it, yet, needed to vent first. One of these (I don't recall which exactly) was the last installed via DIM sometime in the last month or so. I had focused attention last year on getting the G3 and G8 versions updated. I did not have any G9 versions at the time, but they use the same shader file, and the old Studio-crashing version got installed again. I had moved on, assuming it would no longer be a problem.