Loosing bookmarks

borisheadmadeborisheadmade Posts: 8
edited April 20 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi all

Well i couldnt find anythig related to this thing.

Since big update 4.2x i had many crashes while im trying to use most of OOT hairs.

Daz simply crash, so im not using those hairs anymore or i will in future.....but other thing bothers me along that, as DAZ having heavy  crash i loose all bookmarks made with https://www.daz3d.com/mf-content-bookmarks

so i would like to know, is there any file this product use to write data, so  i could save that file and my precious shortcuts.

Cheers

Post edited by borisheadmade on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,151
    edited April 20

Update your OOT hairs - most have a fix for the crashing issue. If it persists (depends on the installation method used, and on whether you have older files in another content directory - the problem data is in a shared file) select the hair in the Scene, then in the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane select the hair on the left, type trans in the filter box, and remove any maps applied to Transmitted colour by clicking the nano thumbnail to the left of the colour control and selecting None.

As for losing bookmarks, that sounds as if the file that stores its links is geting damaged. I am surprised it always happens, but if you back it up you should be able to restore it - I assume it is in

%appdata%/daz 3d/studio4/

somewhere but if you check the vendor's support thread that should give more precise information.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on