What PC configuration do you need for fast, realistic rendering?

Hi, there,

I'm going to change my laptop and I'd like your advice on a configuration (processor, graphics card, ram, ect..) for a rendering as close to realism as possible and quickly?

Thanks

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

You will need the best nvidia GPU you can afford, preferrably one with lots of vram. Other than that a decent CPU and at least 64 gigs of DDR. Oh, and LOTS of HD space! keep in mind that no PC specs can make up for having to many items in a scene. The more you have in a scene, the more resources it takes.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,546

Quality is not affected by the hardware used for rendering, but whether it takes 5 minutes or 5 hours to get there, depends on your budget - What is your budget?

• food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 97

Ok thanks to you,

My budget is $1200

If I understand correctly, a good configuration optimized for 3D will improve the rendering speed and not the quality?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,546

Ok, you are looking at a system with RTX 3060 12GB or RTX 4070 with 32GB or 64GB RAM, 750W PSU, 1TB SSD for the OS and programs, and a 4TB external USB for your content library.
    Rest of the components don't matter that much, unless one falls for 'bargains' (= built from non-standard propriety components which make upgrading difficult if not impossible)

The components for my new system were upwards from 3500eur and that didn't include storage devices, monitors or the operating system,
    And it wasn't top of the line if compared to latest developments, but I'm aiming towards reliability, expandability and longevity.

• food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 97

PerttiA said:

Ok, you are looking at a system with RTX 3060 12GB or RTX 4070 with 32GB or 64GB RAM, 750W PSU, 1TB SSD for the OS and programs, and a 4TB external USB for your content library.
    Rest of the components don't matter that much, unless one falls for 'bargains' (= built from non-standard propriety components which make upgrading difficult if not impossible)

The components for my new system were upwards from 3500eur and that didn't include storage devices, monitors or the operating system,
    And it wasn't top of the line if compared to latest developments, but I'm aiming towards reliability, expandability and longevity.

Ok thank you very much, I take note