Saving problem with (Save as => Support asset figure/prop/assets)

Hi, there,

Do you know why when I want to save a character with (Save as => Support asset figure/prop/assets) my other characters are deformed?

Have you ever had this problem?

Thanks

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,052

What are you saving exactly? A morph asset for a new morph?

If a morph asset is saved with a non-zero default value, it will be be applied with that value every time you load the figure.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,529

Leana said:

If a morph asset is saved with a non-zero default value, it will be be applied with that value every time you load the figure.

More specifically, it will be applied every time one loads a character that uses the same base figure, no matter if one loads a new character into an empty scene or opens an old scene that was saved years ago.

Saving as morph asset is meant for saving morphs one has made one self. If one uses store bought morphs to dial up a character and saves that as a morph asset, all the morphs will be duplicated and if one saves the character with a non-zero value, that character will effectively become ones base figure.

Why not save the character as Scene Subset?

• food.plus13food.plus13 Posts: 97
    edited April 26

Leana said:

Thanks, I realized that my save character depends on 2 other morphs, so that causes problems.

Post edited by food.plus13 on