Iray Crashes

Hello!

I keep having constant crashes when I try to render in Iray for instance the i13 Spa and Lounge and the Deco_Vignette The error message is incomprehencible as usual, this is what I get fr the Spa and Longue:

"WARNING: dzvalentinaobjectdatabase.cpp(38): DB Insert error: "FILE: ..\..\sources\VKernel\Fbl\prot\Structure\VarChar\FBL_VarCharFile.cpp FUNCTION: fbl::VarCharFile::BinarySearch LINE: 497" Varchar data "" is corrupted.
DB Insert error: "FILE: ..\..\sources\VKernel\Fbl\prot\Structure\VarChar\FBL_VarCharFile.cpp FUNCTION: fbl::VarCharFile::BinarySearch LINE: 497" Varchar data "" is corrupted."

Is there a work-around for this, save for converting all the textures and rendering in 3Dlight?

Comments

• Are you using 4.8 or the 4.9 Public Beta? Some items, and I think those may be among them, cause problems for the version of Iray in 4.8 - though if your GPU has enough RAM for the scene unchecking CPU in the Advanced tab of render Settings should be a workaround - but 4.9 has an updated version of Iray without the issue, as far as can be determined so fay at least.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

Reading the file it would seem you are still using the Velentine Database which has a corrupt file. Valentine was changed to the Postgres Database for that reason. Am I right in that Richard?

• Hmm, it does look like a Valentina error yes - but why that would cause a problem while rendering I don't know. Hera, it would probably be a good idea to export your metadata (from the Content Library option menu>Content DB Maintenance) then install PostgreSQL and reimport metadata (again, Content Library option menu>Content DB Maintenance).

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

Hmm, it does look like a Valentina error yes - but why that would cause a problem while rendering I don't know. Hera, it would probably be a good idea to export your metadata (from the Content Library option menu>Content DB Maintenance) then install PostgreSQL and reimport metadata (again, Content Library option menu>Content DB Maintenance).

How is that done?

• Open the Content Library pane

Click the lined button in the top corner (or right-click the tab)

Select Content DB Maintenance

Check Export User Data

Click Accept

Close DS

Install PostgreSQL through DIM or the stand-alone installer

Start DS

Open the Content Library pane

Click the lined button in the top corner (or right-click the tab)

Select Content DB Maintenance

Check re-Import Metadata

Click Accept

Click Accept in the next dialogue

Done.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952
    edited January 2016

I tried that, now I get this messages out of the log instead:

Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend info : CPU (7 threads): Scene processed in 65.046s
    Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.2   IRAY   rend info : CPU (7 threads): Allocated 40 MB for frame buffer
    Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.6   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 960M): Scene processed in 65.600s
    Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.6   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 960M): Allocated 40 MB for frame buffer
    Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER):   1.6   IRAY   rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 960M): Allocated 804 MB of work space (1024k active samples)

And then it crashes. And I understand even less. Is there a memory allocation issue? And how do I deal with it??

Post edited by Hera on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

It may be that your graphic card is slightly loose and is overheating. Try resetting it and give it a waggle, that's what I do :) It could also be something else overheating in the case. Try giving everything inside a clean while you are there and make sure that everything is seated right. Sometimes heating up and cooling down causes them to move out of there sockets over time.